ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Is #38

According to massey (out of 134). Teams on our schedule in bold.

5 - OSU
6 - PSU
7 - Oregon
9 - Michigan
14 - USC
27 - Illinois

28 - Iowa
29 - Washington
31 - Indiana
38 - Maryland
41 - Rutgers
43 - Wisconsin
51 - MSU
55 - Nebraska
65 - UCLA
66 - Minnesota

75 - Northwestern
76 - Purdue

Lot of opportunity on that schedule.... first time that we're facing just 1 of the top 5 teams in the conference.

Maryland at #38 ? No frick’n way.
If they get their QB to be an accurate passer, I would not ignore them as an opponent
Their coaching staff knew how to carve us up over the last several years
That game I would put as our second toughest here on out, despite rankings, or up to today's results on the field

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
Regarding looking at scores- I do believe that 33-23 vs 26-23 with our kneel down swaps us on this with Maryland

Regarding looking at scores- I do believe that 33-23 vs 26-23 with our kneel down swaps us on this with Maryland
The question is, can we beat them this year?
Rankings are always an interesting topic
I don't care if they are ranked a bit ahead of us, I want to win when the game is played

Reactions: Kbee3
The question is, can we beat them this year?
Rankings are always an interesting topic
I don't care if they are ranked a bit ahead of us, I want to win when the game is played
I agree- beat them. But early rankings are actually very important this year. Hard to climb from 41 to 12. Which is why a pre season head start for undeserving teams sucks.

@MrsScrew im enacting your harassment skills to go after the writers who vote AP and cover the B1G following Friday night’s “W” over The Fuskies!!! This is some bullshit right here!!!

I dont see how we can be upset that we didnt get any AP votes. If we finished the game and won the way we were supposed to ... say 36 - 17, then I'd be upset. But we didnt finish the game and VTech has no good wins.

Lets dominate Washington.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Because he does not kick onside kicks up 50-0 or leave his starters in until the final whistle. I said to my wife, I can't even fault psu this week for running it up, they dropped in the polls the last few weeks because others did.
We have a conservative tight formation offense so we will not score in droves. He does leave starters in too long, our backup qb has no pass attempts and one rush in three games, two of which were cupcakes.

We have a conservative tight formation offense so we will not score in droves. He does leave starters in too long, our backup qb has no pass attempts and one rush in three games, two of which were cupcakes.
We left about 17 points off the scoreboard, maybe only 13 if you want to be conservative
All three of our wins left out things that would impress
We got off too slowly the first two
Here we missed opportunities to make it look very good

Reactions: Bagarocks
Ill beat a ranked team on the road, undefeated and no ranking? Makes little sense.

It will all shake out but coaches dont watch much other ball.

I dont see how we can be upset that we didnt get any AP votes. If we finished the game and won the way we were supposed to ... say 36 - 17, then I'd be upset. But we didnt finish the game and VTech has no good wins.

Lets dominate Washington.
We absolutely FINISHED the game!!!
The game was in the balance and we made the plays to get us in position to win the game with a FG!
Then our defense went out and made the plays to seal the victory!!!
That's called finishing!!! thats what good teams do!
how many years before this would we have folded after they tied the score?

I agree- beat them. But early rankings are actually very important this year. Hard to climb from 41 to 12. Which is why a pre season head start for undeserving teams sucks.
The AP rankings mean nothing as far as the CFP.

The first CFP ranking doesn’t come out until the end of October/early November.

AP would’ve had FSU in last year, the CFP didn’t. AP would’ve had SMU as the G5 rep last year, the CFP would’ve had Liberty.

Ill beat a ranked team on the road, undefeated and no ranking? Makes little sense.

It will all shake out but coaches dont watch much other ball.
For the coaches poll, coaches don’t fill those out for the most part from what I’ve read in the past, SIDs often do.

The AP rankings mean nothing as far as the CFP.

The first CFP ranking doesn’t come out until the end of October/early November.

AP would’ve had FSU in last year, the CFP didn’t. AP would’ve had SMU as the G5 rep last year, the CFP would’ve had Liberty.

For the coaches poll, coaches don’t fill those out for the most part from what I’ve read in the past, SIDs often do.
Not debating and understood- my opinion, all the other earlier polls- may not mean a damn thing but...they actually do slant the view going into the real stuff.

Not debating and understood- my opinion, all the other earlier polls- may not mean a damn thing but...they actually do slant the view going into the real stuff.
I think there’s a difference. I don’t think there’s a big percentage of AP voters that watch many of the games. Some might, like some of the CFB media I follow on Twitter. They’re often commenting on the games on gameday and show their multi view setups etc.. don’t know if that’s the case for most of the media though.

For the CFP committee, watching the games and seeing how teams play and how good or bad they are etc is their only job. I’d assume they pay about as much attention as you can expect and look at a bunch of metrics etc…so I think there’s always some innate human bias and name on the front of the jersey bias but it’s about as good as you could expect and it’s a decent sized group of members from all walks of college football.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
According to the CBS sports ranking, RU is 31. If we look at the other teams on our schedule, only USC and Illinois rank higher than us, hence we would have a record of 10-2 based on their rankings.

According to the CBS sports ranking, RU is 31. If we look at the other teams on our schedule, only USC and Illinois rank higher than us, hence we would have a record of 10-2 based on their rankings.

Yeah but that’s cbs

Maryland at #38 ? No frick’n way.
Do any of you actually watch college football?? The last three years vs Maryland are:
2023 Maryland 42 Rutgers 24
2022 Maryland 37 Rutgers 0
2021 Maryland 40 Rutgers 16
And you are questioning Maryland being ahead of Rutgers in the poll?

Reactions: WestOrangeCL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT