ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers marketing face palm

RUJohnny99

Hall of Famer
Nov 7, 2003
Saw this ad during the Seton Hall game & I cringed 10 seconds in.

Paul Robeson is an ALUMNUS of Rutgers University, there is no such thing as an alumni.

Reactions: CERU00 and RUnTeX
Saw this ad during the Seton Hall game & I cringed 10 seconds in.

Paul Robeson is an ALUMNUS of Rutgers University, there is no such thing as an alumni.

I noticed it when I saw the commercial during football season but have seen it quite a few times now and dont think it's that bad. Of course, it really should have been edited or re-recorded to fix the misuse of the word.

I think the Paul Robeson Plaza is extremely underwhelming when I saw it.

Agreed, thought it would have been even better executed. Not sure if they were limited by budget...if it was only supported by donations from the class that spearheaded the project....or did rutgers chip in some funds as well?

There were people saying Eddie Jordan was not an alumnus because they thought you had to be a graduate to be considered an alumnus.

Reactions: Terry_2426
When I was a student, I used to look through various sports media guides and cringe. I think the worst was the page celebrating New Jersey that referred to the “infamous” beaches of the Jersey Shore.

The only reason this is not a big deal is that many people don’t know it’s wrong. Get it right, but please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT