ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Maryland at Yankee Stadium, per source

FU*KING HELL THAT BLOWS!!!! :chairshot:

That's it... burn down the Athletic Department! [winking]

latest

iIf everyone plays it right it will be the last time.

Still time to have it not happen.

You know what to do.

Make a statement!

Email Hobbs

Flood his office with phone calls

Call your account representative

Voice your displeasure

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
Hopefully someone on the Maryland side leaked it..before RU made it official.

Thus..getting Hobbs and Rutgers mad...and them backing out...One could hope.

Reactions: RU22 and IMARUFAN
I can't believe this is happening. Isn't this the exact reason we expanded the stadium in order to avoid having to whore ourselves out. This is a slap in the face to all season ticket holders IMO. We only get 7 home games and to give one up to this crap venue is sheer stupidity. 1st bad decision by Hobbs, by not respecting his fan base.

If anyone has his e-mail please post it as I would like to voice my displeasure in a civil manner.

I wonder if that means the RU band will be in the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Oh goody.

Reactions: RU22
ChicK Hernandez is a respected DC area sportscaster. This is probably the case. First dumb idea by Hobbs.

GO RU

Reactions: Leonard23
The last time a home game was played off campus was the Eric LeGrand game in 2010, correct? If memory serves that game was not a required part of the season ticket package. Of course that was a couple of regimes ago.

Really punches a whole in the home schedule. There will be over a month gap between games played in Piscataway.

Reactions: MozRU
You don't have to buy the tickets
Not the point. The point is we only get 7 home games to tailgate see old friends and root on dear old RU. You can't do that at that crappy venue. Hobbs stole one of those opportunities from season ticket holders and his fan base.

Sorry but drinking a beer out of a brown paper bag in a parking deck is not my idea of tailgating. Nor does sitting in left field in a baseball stadium scream college football atmosphere. I've been there twice sight lines suck as does the whole experience.

ADVERTISEMENT