ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers MBB fails to make NCAA Tournament

Not justified. And the had OkSU ahead of us.

Championships are about winning, not not losing. Committee emphasis is just wrong

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Lots of home games
The system just blowsl. Beat PSU twice, a ten seed, MSU, a seven seed, and Purdue at their place when they were No. 1. Absurd. It's all just total BS. Screw this committee. When will others start talking about how the process sucks?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The system just blowsl. Beat PSU twice, a ten seed, MSU, a seven seed, and Purdue at their place when they were No. 1. Absurd. It's all just total BS. Screw this committee. When will others start talking about how the process sucks?
Temple, Nebraska, Minny … lost to bottom 3 teams in conference.

Pike won’t turn down the NIT.

Could be the biggest choke job ever to end a season. Too bad. We really picked up these last 2 games and figured out the mag thing. Too bad we didn’t swap Simpson for Hyatt sooner.

Temple, Nebraska, Minny … lost to bottom 3 teams in conference.

Pike won’t turn down the NIT.

The problem is the process is arbitrary. Metrics have changed but it’s all subjective. Theres guidelines but no clear rule (I.e teams 1-50 in NET should be considered over xyz or Road wins count for 2 pts vs home wins etc etc). Like take WVU. Zero good road wins outside of at Pitt and they r a 9 haha. So if we won all our home games like they did vs ranked teams but lost road games like they did, are we s 9? Based on the metrics and schedule and results we should be. That’s the issue with the whole process. They introduce more metrics and it’s still arbitrary. And I say this as a guy who works for Stats Inc and does sports stats for a living haha. Like one day it’s “how they performed in their last 10” next it’s “key injuries” next year it’s “road wins” like it changes every single committee. Sucks but we know what we did wrong, can’t lose to Nebraska and Minnesota, not rocket science.

In the end, the warts on Rutgers’ resume – principally four Quad 3 losses, an unprecedented amount for an at-large selection – held the day. A non-conference stretch of schedule ranked 342s out of 363 teams surely didn’t help, either. Rutgers has played a soft non-conference schedule since Steve Pikiell took the reins in 2016, but this is he first time it's broken against the Scarlet Knights in a tangible way.

-Carino

Reactions: drewbagel423
Well then I guess Villanova and UNC should surrender all their 5 stars.
Bottom line, we arent Nova or UNC. Not close from a blue bloods perspective. I hope we dont but who knows what goes through these recruits minds and who is in their ears

ADVERTISEMENT