ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Announces 2020 Schedule

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
No. 16 Rutgers men's lacrosse today unveiled the schedule for the upcoming 2020 campaign. The Scarlet Knights will play a 14-game regular season slate, with seven home games at SHI Stadium and seven games on the road.

The season begins at home on February 1. The Scarlet Knights will face six teams that made the NCAA Tournament last season.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/12/18/mens-lacrosse-announces-2020-schedule.aspx

I really think they should schedule at least 1 more weekday game and push the opener back.

5 games in February means there are too many games.

I feel that way about all of college sports and have said so consistently on here so it’s just a Lacrosse thing.

Guessing this is a TV move?

February 1st is absurdly early. I'd rather start the season in March, play regular season to MDW...
Absolutely. By the time it’s not freezing the season is almost over. We might have one home game where it’s somewhat warm.
Play two games a week...Wednesday night and Saturday.

If NCAA D1 hockey can play back to back games...

Make a $250 donation before the end of the year and you will get a field pass for home games ;) Won't have to sit on cold bleachers.

You can play one or two games a year mid week but you wouldn't be able to do that consistently. You are beat up after games. Doing that consistently would be a recipe for serious injury.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Is the $250 dono to not sit on bleachers legit?

Great deal compared to what a $250 football donation would get you!
Sorry DT, I read some correspondence last night and was a little tired. Read it again. It’s for lax alums only.

I’m sure it could happen for a nice donation though.

Baseball - college world series wraps up on June 23. RU’s final regular season game - May 16.

Lacrosse - championship game on May 25. Last regular season game - April 25.

That’s a 3-week difference for the last games. Sure would be nice to start the season a few weeks later, end at the same time as baseball and get the Final 4 off of Memorial Day weekend into mid-June.

Reactions: Leonard23
Baseball - college world series wraps up on June 23. RU’s final regular season game - May 16.

Lacrosse - championship game on May 25. Last regular season game - April 25.

That’s a 3-week difference for the last games. Sure would be nice to start the season a few weeks later, end at the same time as baseball and get the Final 4 off of Memorial Day weekend into mid-June.
Nah.

The MDW thing is very big for Lacrosse. Doubt that changes. And nor should it. It can be done but...

Nah.

The MDW thing is very big for Lacrosse. Doubt that changes. And nor should it. It can be done but...

I think a midweek game every other week would go a long way to solving the problem. That would probably start the season President's Week.

Coaches want the full week to get ready and the mid week game would force the players to miss even more class time even though they could probably find a couple of midweek games to play in this schedule where the could bus up in the afternoon and play a night game and bus back that nigh but that would be tough. You also want to make sure that you opponent is playing on a short week as well and also possibly your next weeks opponent the Big Ten games are mostly open to give them a chance to be on BTN.

Coaches want the full week to get ready and the mid week game would force the players to miss even more class time even though they could probably find a couple of midweek games to play in this schedule where the could bus up in the afternoon and play a night game and bus back that nigh but that would be tough. You also want to make sure that you opponent is playing on a short week as well and also possibly your next weeks opponent the Big Ten games are mostly open to give them a chance to be on BTN.

Princeton, Lafayette, Lehigh, Army, Wagner, NJIT, Stoney Brook, Hofstra St. John's, Penn and Drexel are all easily bussable.

Princeton, Lafayette, Lehigh, Army, Wagner, NJIT, Stoney Brook, Hofstra St. John's, Penn and Drexel are all easily bussable.
They aren’t bussing to all those games. Nor should they. This is big time college lacrosse, not high school.

They aren’t bussing to all those games. Nor should they. This is big time college lacrosse, not high school.

All they have to do is bus to 3 midweek games a year. I just listed possisilties. BTW, how do they get to Princeton?

Reactions: koleszar
They don’t want too. They could easily have 3 or four midweek games but they want the whole week of prep

I guess that is what they want. Anyone know how there recruiting is going. I heard that there are a couple of real good prospects at BRidgewater HS 21 class as well as studs in the 2022 and 2023 class. Plus a couple of real good kids at Ridge HS. Any chance we get any of those kids, gotta keep that pipeline going.

Cali, I know lacrosse is a bit different than football, but we are a major university in the Big Ten. Why should we play these small schools on the road? Does Maryland play at Mount Saint Mary’s or Penn State play at Robert Morris ?

Cali, I know lacrosse is a bit different than football, but we are a major university in the Big Ten. Why should we play these small schools on the road? Does Maryland play at Mount Saint Mary’s or Penn State play at Robert Morris ?

Penn was ranked #4 in the country last year. Princeton, Army & Lehigh were Top 20 teams. Lafayette, St. John's, Stoney Brook & Hofstra are equal to or better than the non-conference opponents football plays.

Most teams play home and home out
Of conference and lacrosse generally does not have enough money to pay for one off games. I am sure learning how to play on the road is also an important part of this

Most teams play home and home out
Of conference and lacrosse generally does not have enough money to pay for one off games. I am sure learning how to play on the road is also an important part of this

And all those schools have facilites that can handle the attendence. Franklin Field being the most obvious.

It would be nice if we could finally make the NCAA. It seems like every year we have hope and yet we fall short. Could this be the year?

Reactions: biazza38
If they stay healthy I disagree.
Show your work. New unproven goalie huge question marks at the face off and defense. 7 ranked teams on the schedule. What are you seeing that I am not

Show your work. New unproven goalie huge question marks at the face off and defense. 7 ranked teams on the schedule. What are you seeing that I am not

An attack that, if healthy, will easily be in the Top 10 in the country. Solid midfield play both offensively and defensively. A defense that suffered some losses but the cupboard is not bare. Serious questions at FOGO and goalie, but new blood (JC FOGO transfer) that may help close the gap.

Maybe but even if they are top ten they would only be fourth best in the Big Ten and the face off situation maybe the worst in the big ten

Bussing is one thing. Bussing to and from in the same day is another. Outside of Princeton, we aren’t doing that anywhere. I believe the team had two charters last year. I know there are was talk of flying in and out of Penn St on the same day.

We play Lafayette this year. I would be surprised if we make a return there next year.

After seeing the goalie play this fall, I wouldn’t call it a huge question mark.

Reactions: gef21
Maybe but even if they are top ten they would only be fourth best in the Big Ten and the face off situation maybe the worst in the big ten
Did you watch any fall ball games?

Why would that matter? Am I wrong? Did they not struggle with face offs did we not just lose a three year starter and all big ten player. Who is replacing him?

Merry Christmas!

I think goaltending will be solid and a pleasant surprise considering what we lost last year (Max)...

The attack group will be very good...very good and we have depth...

The offensive midfield is very good with a lot of guys...frankly they almost have too many guys as they're going to all want minutes...this group struggled across the board last year, but I expect a bounce back

Defense midfield will be solid...and you may see some of the big bodied offensive midfielders playing minutes in the defensive zone...lots of pieces here

Defense has pieces...and it will be fine IMO

The face off situation is a question mark, we get that...it will be interesting to see how preseason camp goes in January

The Big Ten is going to be tough, like always...see what happens...this team has some pieces and can compete...but the staff is really going to have to push the right buttons with the right personnel, the guys are gonna have to execute, need to stay healthy, and we need some luck...

I think the season opener is 5 weeks from Saturday...that's crazy...

Reactions: Caliknight
Why would that matter? Am I wrong? Did they not struggle with face offs did we not just lose a three year starter and all big ten player. Who is replacing him?
Because I'm wondering if your opinion is based off of paper or visuals?

ADVERTISEMENT