ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Announces Four Captains For 2022-23 Season

Team has elevated expectations now after the Elite 8 and Final Four appearances the last 2 years. Now not only is the team expected to dance every single year, but win games in the Tourney every single year. Thankfully we have a lot of veterans returning on both sides. As long as goalie is sorted out, I think we will be fine.

Practices started slow, I don't mean from an effort standpoint but integrating the new guys is what the fall is for. I love how we don't play other teams and focus on ourselves. I think more programs will be doing this moving forward.

I heard the practices as of late have been very good and competitive. If it's anything like the last one I was at, I am sure they are. I was taken a back by how physical and competitive it was for a random Thursday in the fall. It wasn't a real game obviously, but the intensity wasn't far off.

Team has elevated expectations now after the Elite 8 and Final Four appearances the last 2 years. Now not only is the team expected to dance every single year, but win games in the Tourney every single year. Thankfully we have a lot of veterans returning on both sides. As long as goalie is sorted out, I think we will be fine.

None will be Kirst, especially with respect to mobility, but the combination of talent and potential at goal means the cupboard is definitely not bare.

Practices started slow, I don't mean from an effort standpoint but integrating the new guys is what the fall is for. I love how we don't play other teams and focus on ourselves. I think more programs will be doing this moving forward.

I heard the practices as of late have been very good and competitive. If it's anything like the last one I was at, I am sure they are. I was taken a back by how physical and competitive it was for a random Thursday in the fall. It wasn't a real game obviously, but the intensity wasn't far off.
I am most worried about replacing the entire corps of SSDMs. Are the young guys and transfers up to the task of replacing what was the best defensive middie unit in all of college lacrosse?

I am most worried about replacing the entire corps of SSDMs. Are the young guys and transfers up to the task of replacing what was the best defensive middie unit in all of college lacrosse?

It's college sports. You always lose guys you wish could stay around forever, but one of the greatest parts of being an alum is seeing these kids turn into men and go on to live great productive lives.

We are turning into DMid U. Losing those guys to graduation will certainly have a huge impact. They make the engine run. But, we have some guys with experience who came in. Decker seems to be adjusting well and will provide some pop on the offensive end too. A couple of returning guys are getting looks and the freshman Dollive has made an impact.

Rall will be a year older and his understudy is poised to be another in the growing line of great LSM's we've had. Will it be the group we just had though? No. Do I expect them to be good? Yes. We will be stronger in other areas than we were last year and not as strong in some areas. It's managing that which will lead to another great year.

It's college sports. You always lose guys you wish could stay around forever, but one of the greatest parts of being an alum is seeing these kids turn into men and go on to live great productive lives.

We are turning into DMid U. Losing those guys to graduation will certainly have a huge impact. They make the engine run. But, we have some guys with experience who came in. Decker seems to be adjusting well and will provide some pop on the offensive end too. A couple of returning guys are getting looks and the freshman Dollive has made an impact.

Rall will be a year older and his understudy is poised to be another in the growing line of great LSM's we've had. Will it be the group we just had though? No. Do I expect them to be good? Yes. We will be stronger in other areas than we were last year and not as strong in some areas. It's managing that which will lead to another great year.
Nice post. I was at an event at the Rodkin Center last night. The theme was life after RU sports. Talked with a lot of impressive student athletes including about a half dozen from lacrosse team.

Reactions: Caliknight
Nice post. I was at an event at the Rodkin Center last night. The theme was life after RU sports. Talked with a lot of impressive student athletes including about a half dozen from lacrosse team.
That’s great. Well done for being involved.

Ok, yes I’m biased but I love those 4 kids and I’ll miss watching them play…

Give Brian credit for putting that SSDM unit together. With the exception of Franko, all of them were offensive talents that frankly had big egos and wanted alpha dog status. Brian was able to manage them into roles they otherwise might not have wanted originally. So it starts with a vision to use all your athletes and BB had a vision…especially for Tommy and Brennan.

Then give credit to all four guys to mature and really embrace the role they were asked to take on and then work tirelessly at getting better…they bought in for the team and dug into the goal of winning.

As @Caliknight points out, it’s about making men and all 4 have moved in and all 4 are thankful for their time at RU

Brennan - Masters degree and great job and living in Hoboken and in PLL
Tommy - Great job in NYC living in NJ
Franko - Dental school
Cole - RU grad, wanted a new opportunity in Jax

This years team will figure out how to replace these guys. Might take a few games but the young guys will settle in and make it work

I like what Cali said…RU can become SSDM-U 😁

ADVERTISEMENT