ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Basketball’s Cliff Omoruyi is gonna destroy some more rims in 2022-23. 😱

That's a foregone conclusion barring injury
I dunno. Dickinson and TJD are the only two I'd lock in. Then guys like Cliff, Murray, and Edey are on the next tier plus there will breakout guys a la Johnny Davis (RJ Melendez or Coleman Hawkins on Illinois maybe)

Reactions: MiloTalon13
He certainly has a “quick jam” to the basket!
That’s my Nick name for him…
QUICK JAM
how about going the other way and call him "Slow Jam".. in an ironic way.

What else can we do to workshop this..

Jiffy Jam..

Okay.. the first word is some form of fast.. like quick, fast, insta, instant, speed, speedy, swift.... then you can use fast things.. like.. lightning, bolt, blink, hawk, falcon, cheetah, rocket, lightspeed, warpspeed, rocket, jet...

second a word that means dunk.. slam.. jam.. stuff.. (too bad there is no "Sports thesaurus".. hmm.. there should be).. I need help with other names for a dunk... if there are any..

Alliteration.. only one I see is.. Jet Jam, Speed Slam, ..

Hmm.. instead of ramjet.. how about SlamJet.. jets fly.. so does Cliff

ehh.. kinda pointless, I know. But a fun exercise. maybe I am missing something? Likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyC80
I dunno. Dickinson and TJD are the only two I'd lock in. Then guys like Cliff, Murray, and Edey are on the next tier plus there will breakout guys a la Johnny Davis (RJ Melendez or Coleman Hawkins on Illinois maybe)
Cliff being later to the game of bball with his underlying extreme athletic ability will lead to him being more improved than anyone else.

He is going to take it to a different level this year.

I do like Murray but I'd consider him Hawkins and Melendez more 4's... Melendez is closer to a 3 than a 5

Cliff being later to the game of bball with his underlying extreme athletic ability will lead to him being more improved than anyone else.

He is going to take it to a different level this year.

I do like Murray but I'd consider him Hawkins and Melendez more 4's... Melendez is closer to a 3 than a 5
I think in my mind I added a "first team" qualifier. I do agree that he'll make second or third team.

how about going the other way and call him "Slow Jam".. in an ironic way.

What else can we do to workshop this..

Jiffy Jam..

Okay.. the first word is some form of fast.. like quick, fast, insta, instant, speed, speedy, swift.... then you can use fast things.. like.. lightning, bolt, blink, hawk, falcon, cheetah, rocket, lightspeed, warpspeed, rocket, jet...

second a word that means dunk.. slam.. jam.. stuff.. (too bad there is no "Sports thesaurus".. hmm.. there should be).. I need help with other names for a dunk... if there are any..

Alliteration.. only one I see is.. Jet Jam, Speed Slam, ..

Hmm.. instead of ramjet.. how about SlamJet.. jets fly.. so does Cliff

ehh.. kinda pointless, I know. But a fun exercise. maybe I am missing something? Likely.
I tend to favor simplicity, so just “Quick” works for me (as in Quick Cliff).

I can imagine the tv announcer saying, “Rising star Cliff Omoruyi, who they call “Quick” because he dunks so fast, will play a pivotal role in leading this team back to the NCAA tournament for the third year in a row…”

ADVERTISEMENT