ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers men's lacrosse assistant to Princeton

This is a tough one to swallow, but such is life in the tight-knit lacrosse community. I’d like to think that the fun-and-gun long stick culture will be able to remain regardless of who the position coach is, as that can come from Brecht himself.

He was definitely a positive for the program. Continuity is a big thing. It will be interesting to see who is brought in to fill the slot.

Yea, we knew this was happening last week and this is kind of still the issue as Jesse will get a big bump in salary, he will become the #1 asst which is paid more. All the kids liked him and thought he was an excellent teacher. I was at Hot beds (lacrosse recruiting events) and while their I was speaking with one of the Iconic coaches in the country and who happened to call but, BB asking about one of his assistants so BB is not looking for a diamond in the rough but a good established coach, he still needs to be able to open the check book and write a good sized check which historically Rutgers is unwilling to do, we will see what happens.

Let's hope Hobbs opening the checkbook for assistants is not limited to mens basketball. Brecht has something going and relatively speaking it should be easier to remain competitive with assistant salaries in Lax than in other sports. I assume these guys look for opportunities to supplement their salaries with camps and other events?

They normally, use the prospect days to help pay the assistants especially the 2nd and the volunteer assistants.

ADVERTISEMENT