ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Returns Home to Host Stony Brook Saturday

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers men's lacrosse returns home following two games on the road, and will host Stony Brook at noon Saturday at SHI Stadium. The game will be live streamed on BTN Plus with Lou Brogno and Rick Mercurio on the call. WRSU will have a radio broadcast of the contest, with Chris Tsakonas and Jake Schmied on the call. The game is part of a double-header with Rutgers women's lacrosse to follow. The first 200 fans will receive free Rutgers lacrosse scarves.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2020/2/27/mens-lacrosse-returns-home-to-host-stony-brook.aspx

First quarter.

I rate Rutgers out to a 59 and SB to a 96. Rutgers shooting at 16% and SB at 33% is major difference in game.

I can't get the video, just the Inside Lacrosse Box score. Looks like AC is having a game. How bad are the faceoffs?

tremendous second quarter for Rutgers.

First half ratings.

SB a 53 and Rutgers a 93.

Shooting percentage massively improved for Rutgers but still under 27.5 for the game.

If Rutgers can have another quarter with those numbers should be in complete control of game.

I can't get the video, just the Inside Lacrosse Box score. Looks like AC is having a game. How bad are the faceoffs?

Were 58% on faceoffs which is just under where you want to be (60%).

Shooting percentage big difference in the game with SB at 21% and Rutgers at 29%.

Rate SB as a 56 and RU as a 90 through 3 quarters.

I don't understand what the "ratings" above are referring to but would like to know the score of the game.

Thanks.

Sorry that is my scouting algorithm to scout.

It currently is 11-10 with SB scoring 2 goals in the beginning of the 4th and Rutgers scoring 1. We just lost 4 faceoffs in a row.

O for Christ sakes now 13-11 can't win a face off once again against Stony Brook no less. They don't have more resources then us, this team is truly lost.

I really wouldn’t care if they lost out. Clean house and start over. They should be such a better team it’s not even funny

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
It's comical at this point, another face off lost another goal 14-11.

It is all faceoffs. We are shooting the ball and even saving the ball at a % to win the game. We give up too many possessions.

To make up for the losses on faceoffs our goalie would need to make save at a rate of 85% or we would need to shoot at a rate of 40%.

After this latest debacle now begs the question where o' where do the wins come from? Lafayette, Hofstra and Michigan seem like the only realistic chances.

What an embarrassing effort. Clearly the more talented team but obviously terrible in faceoffs once again, lackluster effort on GBs and poor team defense. Such a waste of an offense that can score with ease but if you get dominated on faceoffs, ground balls and shots on goal then commit stupid penalties on top of that you are just not giving yourself a chance.

Reactions: RUMountie
not very knowledgeable about Lax and started watching in 4th qtr. today but it didnt look even close on the faceoffs. Stony Brook just dominated them and it looked easy for them.

ADVERTISEMENT