ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Adds Three International Recruits

Wow. Three different continents. Like the old promo used to state: Rutgers - Jersey roots, Global reach.

It looks as though, for Olympic sports at least, Mexico has been added to the "State of Rutgers."

Can’t say I am a big soccer guy, but I want all teams to win. Is it difficult meshing kids from all these countries into the squad. I know different countries play different styles. Or is the new coach recruiting only kids for his style of play?

Can’t say I am a big soccer guy, but I want all teams to win. Is it difficult meshing kids from all these countries into the squad. I know different countries play different styles. Or is the new coach recruiting only kids for his style of play?

NJ has historically been very strong in high school soccer. There is no reason why RU should not be a top 10 national program year after year without having to venture very far afield. It's hard to figure out what happened after the heyday of the 1980s and early 1990s. But hopefully, McElderry will be able to restore RU to it former position among the elite soccer programs in the country, no matter how many countries he has to recruit in to do it!

I can still remember listening to (or perhaps watching on TV) the OT shootout when we lost the NC game to UCLA.

ADVERTISEMENT