ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers men's soccer...Donigan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsItLuck

Senior
Nov 20, 2007
Losing to hapless PSU 3-1, at home right now.

Penn State had scored 1 goal against B1G competition entering this game.

Donigan's fate was presumably decided prior to this game, but this HAS to be the end. No questions asked.

We will find out soon after October 25th (their last game).

Losing to hapless PSU 3-1, at home right now.

Penn State had scored 1 goal against B1G competition entering this game.

Donigan's fate was presumably decided prior to this game, but this HAS to be the end. No questions asked.

We will find out soon after October 25th (their last game).

“Presumably decided”? By whom? Didn’t see anything.

I made a presumption, therefore there is no 'who' or 'seeing' involved. When the decision is made, it will be made.

Final 6-2 PSU.

Be very interesting to see if Hobbs eats a deal with 3 years left (IIRC).

Did not think donigan had close to three years left on his deal. Thought perhaps 2 coming into this year which was why he was brought back for another try in which he has turned in another dismal performance. He has to go!

Hey if Hobbs lets him go I’d completely understand (regardless of contract).

Avid soccer/football/futbol follower here, at all levels from local NJ youth to high school to college to various pro leagues to International, for 30+ years. I had the (unfortunate) opportunity to tune in to see a few of RU's games this year on TV and internet. I could not make it through any full game due to it being unwatchable. That is a poorly coached team. I don't know any details about Donigan's contract, but he should be fired and replaced.

Reactions: zappaa and CERU00
Need a soccer win ... schedule RU ... blown out by a team that was winless in conference, and is now 2-9-2 overall. Two winless conference seasons are what they are.

That needs to change with a new hire. We need to move to the mid to attract the right candidate. Assume that is not the case on the women's side although it would not surprise me if mike is on the lower end of the scale as well. If so he has a bump coming.

No way this program should be among our worst. Suggestions for a replacement?

I would think if he is getting replaced it will happen fairly quickly. While many coaches won't want to engage until their seasons are done why not get started with your search.

Here are this year’s team rankings. Rutgers is #116. As a start, there are lots of programs above us where the coach of the program might welcome the chance to re-build a program and compete in the Big Ten. Maybe a coach at Akron or VCU. Of course my contribution comes from watching one Rutgers home soccer game per year (as I do for lacrosse and baseball and wrestling).

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1

Reactions: RUfanEst89
The problem with a talented assistant, or head coach, not local is the recruiting is half the problem and you need to access certain academy programs.

An out of state coach starts from scratch

Would love to see someone like a tony meola. Would bring some pop back to the program, is a jersey boy and his name would carry some weight recruiting.

He is dialed in with a lot of local talent at the red bulls academy, etc.

Think it would make sense to gauge if he has any interest.

I didn't realize we have another match in the tournament. I would not expect anything before that is done.

Well i will make an endorsement on players fot whoever comes
I grew up in Kearny and saw Oneill, meola, formosa . harkes, ramos, mccourt. and have played coached, and watched for nearly 60years

This years center mid Cristian Villegas, and center forward Jose Escadron are as slick passing, playmaking, scoring as anyone we had here since Harkes.
since our coach cannot teach passing these two can come in and be that tutor for our rudderless team.

Also if you love ball movemenr and constant attack go see kearny 16-0-3 if it meets Bridgewater Raritan 15-0-2 in the states semi finals you will see youth soccer at an extremely high level. Just saying give it a shot.

7c3.jpg

Reactions: RUfanEst89
So with the loss to Northwestern 3-2 on Saturday out in Ann Arbor in the 8/9 play-in game of the B1G tourney, how soon before we can expect to hear from Hobbs on a potential change in leadership for the program? I have to imagine Donigan's departure is a forgone conclusion given the performance.

I'm not sure who the right choice would be. Masur is getting up there, McCourt does a good job with program (not so much with their golf outing!), also getting up there. When Donigan got the job, I wanted the coach from Bucknell but Pernetti wouldn't even interview him because he hadn't won with scholarships. WTF. He won some without them, continues to do a decent job with out them, still a little younger than the two above. Has Meola coached?

I'm not sure who the right choice would be. Masur is getting up there, McCourt does a good job with program (not so much with their golf outing!), also getting up there. When Donigan got the job, I wanted the coach from Bucknell but Pernetti wouldn't even interview him because he hadn't won with scholarships. WTF. He won some without them, continues to do a decent job with out them, still a little younger than the two above. Has Meola coached?

Since when is 56 "getting up there"? Lots of very successful HC's out there his age if not older.

Day 3 of the Donigan hostage crisis. When can we expect a change?

2017: 4-13-1
2016: 1-14-2
2015: 12-7-2
2014: 6-12-1
2013: 7-11-2
2012: 7-7-1
2011: 10-7-4

Guys the Dave Masur ship has sailed along time ago. He is not only the head coach at St. Johns but he is also the associate athletic director so I cannot see any scenario where he would come here at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT