ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Mens Soccer Recruiting

rufeelinit

Heisman Winner
May 16, 2010
I haven't seen or heard anything about the recruiting class Dan Donigan is bringing in for this coming year. Isn't time for such an announcement? I checked on SK.com and don't see anything. We have some guys to replace and a defender who is ready to step in and play would be nice. I certainly would not object if we keep the Jamaican pipeline going given how Wright and Mckoy have worked out. Any information would be appreciated.

If you check on their web site you can find info. I believe they have 3 listed for 2016.

Did some more research and Scheidt plays for PDA, and forward Chaz Burnett from PDA is also committed to Rutgers. Glad to see that pipeline growing, especially as Burnett's younger brother Josh is a big-time player as well. If we can continue to get PDA kids and add in some Red Bulls players (I believe Sa is our only one) than we'll be in great shape going forward.

Both Tetros and Sa are from NY Redbulls
Team looks solid with the addition of the Jamaican Center Back (A definite position of need)
Strong through the middle and the team should also get Ross Tetro back.
A possibility that an impact transfer or two may be added

Wasn't there another kid Hambleton who was also Red Bulls? Good to hear about the Jamaican Center Back. We have done well with players from there. Intrigued by the transfer possibilities. Assume they would have to sit next year. While Lurie worked out well it would be good if they had atleast a couple of years of eligibility left.

Hambleton is from PDA as is Guzmon
Both transfers would be eligible immediately I believe. In soccer you do not have to sit the first time you transfer. Decker is on his second transfer as was Lurie

Men's soccer has also added two transfers that will help.
One a two year starter at NC State
One a Div 3 All American
Both can play immediately

Reactions: RU23
Men's soccer has also added two transfers that will help.
One a two year starter at NC State
One a Div 3 All American
Both can play immediately

Awesome! Peterson (the kid from NC State) is from PDA and scored in the Development Academy championship game against Bethesda-Olney a few years back. Guzman captained that team. Great addition. A tad surprised he only registered 3 goals and 2 assists in 34 appearances for NC State, but now we've certainly got some quality options to pair with Wright up top.

Awesome! Peterson (the kid from NC State) is from PDA and scored in the Development Academy championship game against Bethesda-Olney a few years back. Guzman captained that team. Great addition. A tad surprised he only registered 3 goals and 2 assists in 34 appearances for NC State, but now we've certainly got some quality options to pair with Wright up top.
Don't forget Miles Hackett who is already up top. Very under the radar, but very good. Hawkins has real potential also. Had a pretty good year last year.

Just wanted to say Burnett and Scheidt led PDA into the development academy quarterfinals. They both played almost every minute of the group stage with Burnett scoring 4 of the 5 goals that PDA had (his younger brother scored the other).

PDA isn't just a good academy. It's a phenomenal academy, probably the best of any non-MLS funded one. And it's nice to see to us making serious inroads there. If we continue to get a few kids from there every class we'll be in great shape, just like the women.

ADVERTISEMENT