ADVERTISEMENT

***Rutgers MLAX set to add talented transfers***

The St. John's FO guy killed us last year. Love this.
The new faceoff rules may hurt us as all of our kids are one knee moto kids so they will have to re-train, and I am hearing whisper about fall ball possibly being postponed.

The new faceoff rules may hurt us as all of our kids are one knee moto kids so they will have to re-train, and I am hearing whisper about fall ball possibly being postponed.

What are the new rules?

Those whispers would be very disappointing...I'm not a fan of paying high tuition for online learning, and I know many others that are not...

Reactions: rufamily
Aren’t like 90% of the fogos today one knee moto and therefore in the same boat?

Where I think it hurts us is that this emphasizes wing play which has been terrible for us lately. The bright side is Kirst is a beast and a gb monster off the wing so it may work in our favor.

I was saying the same thing, though I think most kids are moto knee down style. I think it's imperative that your fogo can be athletic. There are going to be a lot of ground ball battle scrums so if he can pick it up and run with it, it's going to be a positive. Dugenio looks like an athletic kid, as you know.

What are the new rules?
Standing Neutral Grip (one hand under one hand over) no knee on the ground. Most good fogo's right now are one knee down moto grip guys. Good kids will still be good because they will out work everyone else.

Aren’t like 90% of the fogos today one knee moto and therefore in the same boat?

Where I think it hurts us is that this emphasizes wing play which has been terrible for us lately. The bright side is Kirst is a beast and a gb monster off the wing so it may work in our favor.
yes, most of the top guys are one knee down Moto guys, and yes I think the puts more emphasis on the wings where we have struggled. I think we need to find guys who can win contested GB's (this is a critical stat) and play 3v3 on the face off's. I absolutely feel like they have kids who can win those contested GB's they just have to get into that spot.

I was saying the same thing, though I think most kids are moto knee down style. I think it's imperative that your fogo can be athletic. There are going to be a lot of ground ball battle scrums so if he can pick it up and run with it, it's going to be a positive. Dugenio looks like an athletic kid, as you know.
One of the things that we know is that Dugenio will face off SNG (standing Neutral Grip) in the past and he works incredibly hard at his craft. He is definitely more athletic that the big fogo's, so he will be able to get the ball out and then go get it. some people close to the program think that this change will absolutely benefit kids like Dugenio.

Those whispers would be very disappointing...I'm not a fan of paying high tuition for online learning, and I know many others that are not...
I think it would be more liking of the Rodkin Center was open but without that I can understand why they may be concerned about having the football soccer and lacrosse teams there all at the same time. Locker rooms are separate but the weight and training rooms are together.
Yeah, my daughter is not particularly liking the distance learning even though her RU professor have been pretty good.
I hope that all is well in Michigan with you and your family

One of the things that we know is that Dugenio will face off SNG (standing Neutral Grip) in the past and he works incredibly hard at his craft. He is definitely more athletic that the big fogo's, so he will be able to get the ball out and then go get it. some people close to the program think that this change will absolutely benefit kids like Dugenio.

I can see that. F/O is definitely not an area of lacrosse I know much about but watching him play, it's was pretty obvious he is a quick twitch kid who can pick up groundballs and run. I can could see these new rules being a plus for him.

Standing Neutral Grip (one hand under one hand over) no knee on the ground. Most good fogo's right now are one knee down moto grip guys. Good kids will still be good because they will out work everyone else.

Trust me, you can get a good quick clamp with a standing neutral grip. I think changing the one knee down will give a little more edge to quickness over power. Would have loved to have seen them go back to the old, old rule of resting the ball between the lower wall of the 2 fogo's sticks and not on the ground. Might have a resurgence of the front and back flip, not that I was any good with either.

I can see that. F/O is definitely not an area of lacrosse I know much about but watching him play, it's was pretty obvious he is a quick twitch kid who can pick up groundballs and run. I can could see these new rules being a plus for him.
Maybe we should see if N.D. has another year of eligibility left. That ornery bastard was built for this style lol.

Reactions: Caliknight
Maybe we should see if N.D. has another year of eligibility left. That ornery bastard was built for this style lol.

Hahaha, so true. He'd have to change his grip. He was the first person I ever saw do moto style actually.

Trust me, you can get a good quick clamp with a standing neutral grip. I think changing the one knee down will give a little more edge to quickness over power. Would have loved to have seen them go back to the old, old rule of resting the ball between the lower wall of the 2 fogo's sticks and not on the ground. Might have a resurgence of the front and back flip, not that I was any good with either.
its not the clamp that is the issue it is the pinch and pop that is the problem, as the moto grip became more popular it lead the the pinch in pop in which people could simply wedge the ball in the back of their sticks and either carry or direct the ball where they wanted. SNG is going to severely limit pinch and pop. MDK, I think that you may be on to something fit the ball into the sticks and not on the ground and you limit the one person win and make it more of a 3v3 game at the X

its not the clamp that is the issue it is the pinch and pop that is the problem, as the moto grip became more popular it lead the the pinch in pop in which people could simply wedge the ball in the back of their sticks and either carry or direct the ball where they wanted. SNG is going to severely limit pinch and pop. MDK, I think that you may be on to something fit the ball into the sticks and not on the ground and you limit the one person win and make it more of a 3v3 game at the X

It can be a one person win if someone excels with a front flip and the opponent is weak. They end up with a fast break. But that can be mitigated by wing play and it would be rare to have that level of dominance in today's game.

Yea, he did. Definitely the first I saw. I am not sure if he invented it but I had never seen anyone use that until he did.

Not the first. A few experimented with it in the late '70s, but as long as the ball was off the ground it was of limited benefit. When it took off was after my playing days, so I can't. be exact.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT