ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers NJ Recruiting

I always wondered how good Oklahoma would be if they built a wall around Oklahoma. Or if Nebraska built a wall around Nebraska.
If OK and especially Neb just played with players from their respective states they wouldn’t be Div 1 programs. Ok needs TX talent and Neb needs talent from every state not named Nebraska.

GO RU

If OK and especially Neb just played with players from their respective states they wouldn’t be Div 1 programs. Ok needs TX talent and Neb needs talent from every state not named Nebraska.

GO RU
OK has 1 Oklahoma recruit in 2021, 2 OK recruits in 2020 and 2019. They depend solely on recruits outside of OK. Their reputation is still good and recruits still want to go there unlike Nebraska.

If Rutgers ever gets elite, we probably only take 5-7 best recruits out of NJ and the rest OOS.

Looking at PSU recruits, they are destroying Pitt 5 4 stars and 3 3 stars from Pa, cleaning up in Pa while Pitt has 1 3 star from Pa.

Last edited:

GO RU

Oklahoma would be Division 1, but probably at a MAC level.

OK has 1 Oklahoma recruit in 2021, 2 OK recruits in 2020 and 2019. They depend solely on recruits outside of OK. Their reputation is still good and recruits still want to go there unlike Nebraska.

If Rutgers ever gets elite, we probably only take 5-7 best recruits out of NJ and the rest OOS.

Looking at PSU recruits, they are destroying Pitt 5 4 stars and 3 3 stars from Pa, cleaning up in Pa while Pitt has 1 3 star from Pa.
We have a nice home state to draw from. But we have a great region with little local competition. Most of the PA talent is closer to RU that Happy Valley. We are the obvious choice for NYC kids. It's just a nice pool of local talent that those other schools don't have. Then factor in New England, Del/Md/DC are all in play for us. Florida (like OK has Texas) and the Big Ten footprtint, and we have very enviable regional recruiting grounds.

We have a nice home state to draw from. But we have a great region with little local competition. Most of the PA talent is closer to RU that Happy Valley. We are the obvious choice for NYC kids. It's just a nice pool of local talent that those other schools don't have. Then factor in New England, Del/Md/DC are all in play for us. Florida (like OK has Texas) and the Big Ten footprtint, and we have very enviable regional recruiting grounds.

Funny, I think the location is just right for the NYC and Eastern PA kids from an 18 year old's perspective. Far enough away from home so that Mom just doesn't drop in. Close enough so it's an easy trip for something important.

Funny, I think the location is just right for the NYC and Eastern PA kids from an 18 year old's perspective. Far enough away from home so that Mom just doesn't drop in. Close enough so it's an easy trip for something important.
Agree. Also it's a big cultural fit. We don't like NJ for the taxes etc. But most of us love the culture and the people. Not everyone goes to Happy Velley and thinks: this is home! People from the mid-Atlantic like the mid-Atlantic.

Oklahoma would be Division 1, but probably at a MAC level.
How? Poster above just stated that OK has a total of three Okey kids from their last three recruiting classes. Some established programs just need to rely on out of state players to be viable, even to play division 1 football. Just a fact.

He’s another fact: RU football seems to be annexing southeastern PA. Love it.

Bottoms line: RU is where it needs to be.

GO RU

I wonder how good Oklahoma would be if they didn’t get any Texas kids? Is there enough talent in that state to support three Division 1 programs ?
Probably about as well as Nebraska has been doing since they lost access to the State of Texas. I don't think OU will ever separate from Texas in any conference realignment scenario.

Reactions: miket007
I wonder how good Oklahoma would be if they didn’t get any Texas kids? Is there enough talent in that state to support three Division 1 programs ?
Anecdotally, and since I've been in the Dallas burbs since '16 I can tell you that there a HUGE amount of OU fans and alum in the area..so it stands to reason that a lot of kids playing the State Religion of Football head to Norman....it's probably the predominant school's logo I see all over...followed by a smattering of OK State, a decent amount of TCU and Baylor....not nearly as much UT and A&M as I saw in Houston with only a smattering of OU, etc.... It's interesting how "regional" things get with schools here...

As to the B1G...mostly see Ohio State, maybe more than even Nebby and Iowa...a smattering of Michigan and then everyone else....

Reactions: miket007
How? Poster above just stated that OK has a total of three Okey kids from their last three recruiting classes. Some established programs just need to rely on out of state players to be viable, even to play division 1 football. Just a fact.

He’s another fact: RU football seems to be annexing southeastern PA. Love it.

Bottoms line: RU is where it needs to be.

GO RU

Oklahoma doesn't recruit 2 stars for starters.

ADVERTISEMENT