ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers not changing it’s NO Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

For accuracy, the actual quote is: Holloway, in a wide-ranging interview with NJ Advance Media on Thursday, said that trying to play sports during a global pandemic is not worth the risk. He made it clear that Rutgers will not change its vote on resuming college athletics until better testing is in place and the coronavirus is under control in places like Wisconsin, Iowa and Nebraska.

Start March 1, 8 games, no bowls except Rose Bowl
Fall season —start Sept 15-20, 10 games

I'm disappointed but not surprised.

I honestly didn't think the NFL would get to this point without a number of outbreaks that would shut teams down, but they managed to make it work (yes, I get the significant difference that those athletes are paid millions). I was okay with being cautious and letting the NFL be the guinea pig, but now that we see how to live with the virus, we should at least make the attempt to play (even with no fans in the stands).

Reactions: ldm53
If this is true, there is more to this story than just athletics and the virus.
Unless you believe that nj.com fabricated Holloway's quotes, then it's true. There is no if.

Please elaborate on what you think is the missing part of the story.

IMO the open question is, if RU votes no but the vote passes anyway (and there's no reason to believe it would), would Holloway then go with the majority and play?

Reactions: Greg2020 and RURM85
Steve Politi typos and errors- do they use editors? Amateur hour writing.
He probably was more concerned about breaking the story first than practicing good grammar and journalism.

Last edited:
Unless you believe that nj.com fabricated Holloway's quotes, then it's true. There is no if.

IMO the open question is, if RU votes no but the vote passes anyway (and there's no reason to believe it would), would Holloway then go with the majority and play?

That's the question of the day. At lease 6 Presidents will need to change their votes to Play. If the Presidents vote 9-5 (60% requirement) to play in the Fall, does Rutgers sit this season out? If yes, I, as an Alum and fan, have a real problem with the school, the decision and its leadership.

It's all politics. Always has been.

giphy.gif

One of the soft six or so programs afraid to play. Stay home and let the schools who want to compete play.

Agree, a good conference mate would vote yes even if they weren't going to play. Don't see why the teams that want to play should be stopped by the others.

Doesn’t sound like he is opposed to playing. He just wants other schools to set up their testing game, and maybe that can happen. There certainly is enough money at stake to pay for it.
I am always a glass half full guy and I will drink from this.

No it is a political stance no matter what some think. The simple mention of Trump clearly tells you Holloway and Rutgers has no intention of playing until after the election. Actually most on here k ew that was going to be the case with or without vaccine.

With numbers falling in the "hot" states and once they get the "quick" test readily available the RU vote will change. Until then it is a no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT