ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers offers JUCO Josh Baker

I like what I’ve read about him and the clips I could find. We seem to be his best offer right now. We’ve had good luck with Bakers before. Hope we get him.

So he'd be eligible for this coming season as a sophomore with 4 years to play 3? Looks good to me!

So he'd be eligible for this coming season as a sophomore with 4 years to play 3? Looks good to me!

No. He's a 2021 recruit. He would play his second year in JUCO this coming year and then enroll at Rutgers (or whichever school he signs with) in the Fall of 2021. At that point, he would have 3 years to play 2.

This would make up for Souf... This Baker kid has a quality stroke. He got old man YMCA skills combined with some (not Jacob Young athleticism, but solid) athleticism...

This would make up for Souf... This Baker kid has a quality stroke. He got old man YMCA skills combined with some (not Jacob Young athleticism, but solid) athleticism...
Whatever happened with Souf Mensah after he left Rutgers?

This guy can really hit the three. We could use him big time.
A couple of thoughts about that:

1. None of the threes in that mix tape look deep enough to be from the D1 three-point distance.

2. It is a mixtape so of course he made every shot.

A couple of thoughts about that:

1. None of the threes in that mix tape look deep enough to be from the D1 three-point distance.

2. It is a mixtape so of course he made every shot.

The one link says his overall shooting percentage is over 50 percent and his three point percentage is almost 49 percent

Even if the three point line is shorter, he appears to be a good shooter, and a lot of deep two pointers on the college level is not so bad if he can shoot that well

The one link says his overall shooting percentage is over 50 percent and his three point percentage is almost 49 percent

Even if the three point line is shorter, he appears to be a good shooter, and a lot of deep two pointers on the college level is not so bad if he can shoot that well
Oh he can shoot it. Synergy Sports has him at 50.2 percent for the season with an adjusted FG percent of 63.2. Also 54.9 percent on transition FG and 48.9 percent in the half court.

Hopefully the NJCAA moves its three-point line back to the international/D1 men's distance of 22 feet, 1¾ inches. That way there can be an apples to apples comparison on three-point percentages. I'm sure Baker made some threes that were longer than 22 feet, 1¾ inches away from the basket but I didn't see any of them in his mixtape where he made 100 percent of his shots.

Most analytics guys feel that the deep two-point FGA is a poor shot.

A lot of deep 2 point shots at the college level is bad. It's the worst shot in basketball.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
While a kid we should be recruiting...I really would like this kid if he is a third recruit with another frosh guard and jones and not as the second guard in the class

A lot of deep 2 point shots at the college level is bad. It's the worst shot in basketball.

yes, I can see that.... the question becomes, can he adjust to shooting the three pointer, college style,
or will it significantly throw him off..

what we know is that he is about a 50% shooter,
and we would normally take that any day of the week

do we avoid recruiting a player who played with
a shorter 3 pt line, but did well?

ADVERTISEMENT