ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

An absolute embarrassment, but not the kind the coach could have stopped. Someone is going to try spinning this to “ they should just get paid anyway”, but fraud is fraud. I guess you have to wonder how this particular fraud would work.

Downright galling for these particular kids to think they deserve a chance to play anywhere else after completely hurting a program that had deeply invested in them. If they were the masterminds, they should be forced to publicly apologize.

Last edited:
Crap.

I'm starting to feel like college football, in general, has gotten completely out of control. The only way teams win consistently is to hide the hoodlums. This is no way to run a railroad.

My feelings exactly. Its like trying to herd cats. Beginning to get really sick of the same old circus.

Everyone just needs to...

giphy.gif

Dude read the article... RU Police are investigating 8 not just 2.

Investigating doesn’t mean they all have the same level of involvement, I read it. I don’t know what’s gonna happen, but that he only kicked two off and not all 8 says something. Maybe there’s more, maybe not.

The thing I don’t understand is this happened at Florida’s ONE YEAR AGO. Like did the players not see how that turned out? And credit card fraud is not easy, my guess is that none of our players are technologically savvy enough to do this well

The thing I don’t understand is this happened at Florida’s ONE YEAR AGO. Like did the players not see how that turned out? And credit card fraud is not easy, my guess is that none of our players are technologically savvy enough to do this well

They forgot to use a vpn

Reactions: RUJohnny99
That’s why the ncaa allows 85 scholarships, in case one or two or eight screw up and you can still have a two deep

Not Ash’s fault but it happened on his watch. So frustrating....

Between being a Mets fan, Dolphins fan & Rutgers fan I think I need a very, very long timeout and a bottle of Havana Club.
Like a fool I root for the three same teams, if it wasn't for the Devils I would have jumped off a bridge by now.

Reactions: MulletCork

As usual an exercise in frustration....also not sure how difficult CC fraud is - it can be as simple as taking a friends cc or just knowing a guy who knows a guy who is connected to getting tons of people’s hacked cc info. I do agree that most likely none of these guys were careful or smart in how this was done.

Reactions: NJ Lion
Between being a Mets fan, Dolphins fan & Rutgers fan I think I need a very, very long timeout and a bottle of Havana Club.

Like a fool I root for the three same teams, if it wasn't for the Devils I would have jumped off a bridge by now.

Mets, Islanders, and Rutgers for me. The Giants have kept me from jumping, though last year was brutal.

Reactions: MulletCork
Well then, the July summer football quiet period is over. Ash has his first crisis. Will be interesting to see how he handles the media and team. Will make or break his term here.

Follow the men’s lacrosse program. They are much better.

And people wonder why football players are viewed as meatheads.

This is bad, but let me just say that this could have been something much, much worse. White collar crime is less consequential than the real bad ones, like rape, assault, drugs, guns etc. In fact a good crisis management play could turn this into a “college athletes need money” issue instead of a culture issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT