ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

But you are assuming nothing is being done based on message board info. Team has been spoken to, HS coaches have been spoken to, recruits have been spoken to, all major players have been spoken to. Just us lemmings are waiting for official word.
It has hit the news. Response can not be silence. Get out in front of it. Jeeze how hard is it to respond quickly with actions/comments?? This is Flood/Herman 2.0
Embarrassing at best.

But I assume it will affect depth. Given that depth already was a problem, this likely will hurt. A lot.
Yes, if worst case scenario occurred and all were booted it would basically be like sanctions. Especially with the new max 25 rule.

It has hit the news. Response can not be silence. Get out in front of it. Jeeze how hard is it to respond quickly with actions/comments?? This is Flood/Herman 2.0
Embarrassing at best.
It’s not silence. Only you are looking at it that way. You are looking for things to complain about. No different than when you complained about us apologizing for everything immediately. Papers are reporting there is an internal review. When it’s done we will know the results.

It’s not silence. Only you are looking at it that way. You are looking for things to complain about. No different than when you complained about us apologizing for everything immediately. Papers are reporting there is an internal review. When it’s done we will know the results.
What?? I never complained about us apologizing about anything. You have the wrong person. Find my complaints about that. You will be waisting your time searching!
Yes internal review but is now public. Were are not a top 50 team who can stall on this. The Flood/Herman fiasco is fresh in the public minds. The stupidity of delaying because you are afraid of losing a player or 2 is mind boggling.
What is the downside of taking a stance to show this college, this team will not tolerate this crap, this public humilation again? They have a month+ to figure it out. Sitting on your hands, staying silent is not the best response. It shows Rutgers continues to be a complete joke.

Last edited:
Yea, I now know what the "know it all's" were bragging about knowing a mere 24 hours ago. It's just more fuel for the people who didn't want Rutgers to be invited into the B1G to say I told you so.Sad state of affairs for this program.

Reactions: sherepower
What?? I never complained about us apologizing about anything. You have the wrong person. Find my complaints about that. You will be waisting your time searching!
Yes internal review but is now public. Were are not a top 50 team who can stall on this. The Flood/Herman fiasco is fresh in the public minds. The stupidity of delaying because you are afraid of losing a player or 2 is mind boggling.
What is the downside of taking a stance to show this college, this team will not tolerate this crap, this public humilation again? They have a month+ to figure it out. Sitting on your hands, staying silent is not the best response. It shows Rutgers continues to be a complete joke.

Step away from the keyboard before you go on a shooting spree dude

If I accuse you of being a stupid jerk you wont defend yourself? Because you are. The Floodies live on

I’m not a Floodie. Lol. Couldn’t care less. Point is the sun rises tomorrow and bills have to be paid. Football players getting in trouble is no reason to get so worked up in life.

He can show some balls and intolerance by suspending all 8 by tomorrow. Complete bullship. Its one thing if you Saban and Meyer. Ash doesnt have that steam. Take action now or be on your way.

Dumb bus! You don’t become a Saban or Meyer by suspending good players.

It’s not 2 players. It’s 10% of your scholarship players. Let it play out. The school is reviewing and will make a statement soon. Blame it on the FBI and their process.

Crap.

I'm starting to feel like college football, in general, has gotten completely out of control. The only way teams win consistently is to hide the hoodlums. This is no way to run a railroad.

Don’t deflect. This is a Rutgers issue now. There are issues elsewhere but that’s not relevant as it relates to this specifically.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Dumb bus! You don’t become a Saban or Meyer by suspending good players.
Ha. On second thought you're right. Let's ignore it hope it goes away. Let the players do whatever they want like Flood/Herman era. How is that working out for us?

From a PR standpoint you are falling into the Flood issues. Suspended them now and sort it out. This isn't a legal issue for Rutgers, can not wait. They will have their rights in court, doesn't mean you have to wait through until that is complete. This is showing about who you are.

You and I are making different points. I am all in favor of a full investigation as quickly as possible,and suspensions if there is probable cause of misconduct. But I don't think people should be saying that the sky is falling when we have only the sketchiest idea of what happened. Yes, losing any players would be bad given how little we have in the cupboard. But it remains to be seen how many and who will be affected.

Also old trolls who never post here unless something bad happens have return. I haven't seen them in awhile. check out some other threads, also people nerco posting old threads, it is the greatest hits!

sigh... When the report is completed all will be made public. This isn't the end of the world. It is not like we just blew our chance to win the National Championship this year or anything. Let's keep it real folks. As long as there wasn't a cover up (Flood style) and there doesn't appear to be, Rutgers will be fine long term.

Ha. On second thought you're right. Let's ignore it hope it goes away. Let the players do whatever they want like Flood/Herman era. How is that working out for us?

Well, it’s all about winning football games. We don’t/shouldn’t care about anything else, save for a psu type atrocity

That I don't like at all. Youre a month away from summer camp. A great PR move would be suspend them all. Figure it out by camp. Why no action or comment?
I think the reason they are quiet is due to everything is u dear investigation. Let’s say Ash suspends everyone involved now and the investigation lingers on into camp and maybe the season. Now you have maybe 6 other players who haven’t practiced since mid July. What do you think happens if all 6 or some of them are exonerated. Could be messy. Better to wait until all findings are in

Reactions: koleszar and KevH
I feel like I'm buying season tickets to watch the Three Stooges.
three-stooges-football.jpeg
I can appreciate that photo.. but the rest of the team beyond the bad apples can use our support.

Reactions: RUonBrain and KevH
I can appreciate that photo.. but the rest of the team beyond the bad apples can use our support.
Heat of the moment, just getting tired of the same ole, same old. Of course my ass will be in my seat supporting them every game. It's now become a badge of honor once again defending them to family and friends. I might even start up the old mantra I used before Schiano coached, "One of these years they're going to be good, they're like a fine wine you have to wait for it". I think it's getting to that time again.

Also old trolls who never post here unless something bad happens have return. I haven't seen them in awhile. check out some other threads, also people nerco posting old threads, it is the greatest hits!

sigh... When the report is completed all will be made public. This isn't the end of the world. It is not like we just blew our chance to win the National Championship this year or anything. Let's keep it real folks. As long as there wasn't a cover up (Flood style) and there doesn't appear to be, Rutgers will be fine long term.

Please

You and I are making different points. I am all in favor of a full investigation as quickly as possible,and suspensions if there is probable cause of misconduct. But I don't think people should be saying that the sky is falling when we have only the sketchiest idea of what happened. Yes, losing any players would be bad given how little we have in the cupboard. But it remains to be seen how many and who will be affected.

Totally agree with you but you know this is the internet where people come to make look at me comments without any desire to add to the actual conversation.

Between being a Mets fan, Dolphins fan & Rutgers fan I think I need a very, very long timeout and a bottle of Havana Club.
Its the Havana Club 7 year that keeps me going on home Saturdays. I cannot sit through this sober.

But you are assuming nothing is being done based on message board info. Team has been spoken to, HS coaches have been spoken to, recruits have been spoken to, all major players have been spoken to. Just us lemmings are waiting for official word.
Do you think this situation had any bearing on the RB from Ohio holding off on committing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT