ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

I think the reason they are quiet is due to everything is u dear investigation. Let’s say Ash suspends everyone involved now and the investigation lingers on into camp and maybe the season. Now you have maybe 6 other players who haven’t practiced since mid July. What do you think happens if all 6 or some of them are exonerated. Could be messy. Better to wait until all findings are in

That's way too practical an approach for people who feel they have to know everything before it happens, get all caught up in their emotions and enjoy pressing the panic button and/or trolling.

That's way too practical an approach for people who feel they have to know everything before it happens, get all caught up in their emotions and enjoy pressing the panic button and/or trolling.
I don’t know why anyone would hit the panic button. I mean we’ve never had the county jail back a bus up to the Hale Center before. And the Athletics Dept has always handled these incidents really well.

Hoops fans need to stay in their lane until they finish higher than dead last in the B1G. Ash can at least say he finished 5th in the B1G East.
I never understood the disconnect between the two. I root for both, but I'm not a huge wrestling or lacrosse fan. I'm just not that into those sports, but as a Rutgers fan and grad I would never root against them or root for anything bad to happen to those programs. I loved it when Suriano had a chance to win a national title for RU. It would have been huge for us.

I never understood the disconnect between the two. I root for both, but I'm not a huge wrestling or lacrosse fan. I'm just not that into those sports, but as a Rutgers fan and grad I would never root against them or root for anything bad to happen to those programs. I loved it when Suriano had a chance to win a national title for RU. It would have been huge for us.

I want ALL Rutgers teams to win, I really don't get the fans that actual want some teams to fail. In the case of the Basketball only, anti-football fans, they are still upset that Rutgers started investing in football in 2001 and they wished that the money would have been put into basketball instead. So every time there is even a hint of bad news for them, it is a chance to go "I told you so" Shut it down" blah, blah blah, I mean it doesn't really makes sense. We sure as hell didn't get into the Big Ten due to MBB, that's for sure. Also, MBB has had a lot more problems than Football ever had. They literally are JUST getting their act together for the 1st time in forever.

I want ALL Rutgers teams to win, I really don't get the fans that actual want some teams to fail. In the case of the Basketball only, anti-football fans, they are still upset that Rutgers started investing in football in 2001 and they wished that the money would have been put into basketball instead. So every time there is even a hint of bad news for them, it is a chance to go "I told you so" Shut it down" blah, blah blah, I mean it doesn't really makes sense. We sure as hell didn't get into the Big Ten due to MBB, that's for sure. Also, MBB has had a lot more problems than Football ever had. They literally are JUST getting their act together for the 1st time in forever.
Damn straight. To me RU Wrestling is the 2nd sport at RU, not basketball. I want all RU teams to win, but RU Hoops only fans literally should STFU until they finish over .500 or even ahead of last place.

Reactions: RAA-1
Damn straight. To me RU Wrestling is the 2nd sport at RU, not basketball. I want all RU teams to win, but RU Hoops only fans literally should STFU until they finish over .500 or even ahead of last place.
Let's not get crazy now. I really don't see too many hoops only fans on here harassing football fans. There was maybe one silly post in this thread and I think he roots for both teams anyway. Pike was a good hire and he has things moving in the right direction. There's much to be excited about over that way even if you hate basketball. Rational fans know that we had to invest in football infrastructure to get us in the league we are in today. If we want to stay there, you're not shutting anything down. That's just ridiculous talk.

Phillies, TB Bucs and RU are my 3 teams. Right now, only the Phils give me a reason to be sports happy.

Let's not get crazy now. I really don't see too many hoops only fans on here harassing football fans. There was maybe one silly post in this thread and I think he roots for both teams anyway. Pike was a good hire and he has things moving in the right direction. There's much to be excited about over that way even if you hate basketball. Rational fans know that we had to invest in football infrastructure to get us in the league we are in today. If we want to stay there, you're not shutting anything down. That's just ridiculous talk.

Not all of them! Just a few bad apples. They also post on the game day threads, but ONLY when we are losing. It is only a handful of fans. Same with trolls that only post here to rub it in and never post otherwise.

These kinds of stories would be a lot easier to take if we were winning 8/9 games every year. Sure this kind of stuff happens at the football factories, but at least they get to enjoy winning and then maybe a couple of years of probation and then cycle starts again, we don't get any of the fun, we just get the pain over and over again. UGH!

If we were winning 8/9 games a year and bringing in big revenue, this would have never made the papers.

all the perks these kids get from playing D1 ball at a P5 school and they got to risk everything with this crap? Gray driving thru East Brunswick open bottle and pot in the car? What kind of stupid is that?

What a snake bitten program... we don't just have a player issue here and there, we have group participation events. Now we just have to hope we only lose 2 guys....not to mention a commit or two. Geez.

If 8 more guys are suspended or tossed, then he is in trouble, whether we let him ride out his contract or not.

Reactions: AshHeap
Go easy on the BBALL-1st-Only fans.. they have small penii. That has to be the only explanation for how much hate they have for football.

Reactions: bigmatt718
This post should be part of the board rules. By the way, where did the rules go?

The board became the Wild West once the merge took place. You know that.
FQM.gif

mehhhh.. not winning enough was why that coach got fired.. the scandal was part of the justification.. convenient.

And they didn’t win as much becomes they lost a lot on their 2 deep for various games. It’s all related. Just another bullet for the school to justify firing him.

**********PSA**********

Remember folks don't feed the troll. Carefully place your ashes in a bucket and throw it in the trash heap.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I'm wondering if K.J. was transporting marijuana as part of some business endeavor. Maybe he's interested in agriculture and has been experimenting with growing techniques. I've heard that if you transplant juvenile marijuana plants into an ash heap, they mature much faster and you get higher yields. We should look into this.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Garutti tweeted his support of Ash earlier today.

To all the Ash-hating trolls: As long as Pat Hobbs and big name donors like Garutti support Ash, what you think or type on these boards doesn't matter in the slightest.

All you're doing is hating someone else doing their job because you probably hate yours. Go back to work.

To all the Ash-hating trolls:
This is Exhibit A of the worst problem on this board. Chris Ash has a 6-18 record, poor recruiting results and now a potential scandal on his hands. If you can't respect a point of view that includes criticism of Ash, which is absolutely warranted at this point, you are the troll.

This is Exhibit A of the worst problem on this board. Chris Ash has a 6-18 record, poor recruiting results and now a potential scandal on his hands. If you can't respect a point of view that includes criticism of Ash, which is absolutely warranted at this point, you are the troll.
You are entitled to your opinion. All I'm doing is pointing out that you have literally 0 influence on anything Rutgers football (like the rest of us). Nothing you are saying is making a single dent in the universe. You are wasting your time on the internet and are not different from a teenage fangirl hating on Justin Bieber’s girlfriends.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT