ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers players under investigation for fraudulent use of credit cards

Yes, by all means, keep defending a coach with a 6-18 record who lost to Eastern Michigan, recruits horribly, and has lost control of the program. He's definitely earned your blind faith.
While you don't have to be a douche about your opinion of HC Ash you continually choose to be one. Why?

Welcome to the ignore list... you'll find compatible people there.

Reactions: thegock
I think you overestimate what information is available to a potential coach.
  1. Any crime a prospect commits in high school will be sealed from your view unless he is tried as an adult. You likely did a criminal background check to help you screen for your staff, which is a luxury a college coach will not have.
  2. The prospect's coach in school is attempting to get his players on scholarship, so expecting them to be 100% honest with character concerns is a bit optimistic in my opinion.
  3. You can see how often a kid gets in trouble (suspension / detention) in the school records. School Superstars had a different set of rules when I was in high school.
The bottom line is that you'll probably only discover character concerns if you were told about them.

Missing on the occasional kid is understandable. Missing on many is not. I'm past the teen-age raising years and it wasn't really hard to spot the ones I wanted to steer my own kids away from.

While you don't have to be a douche about your opinion of HC Ash you continually choose to be one. Why?

Welcome to the ignore list... you'll find compatible people there.

Lost control of the program is a pretty big stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT