ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Rutgers pulls out of Feb. 6th quad meet

So 1 match left against Maryland and that's it for the regular season. Well that was quick, barely even got to know what our wrestlers looked like. Awesome schedule B1G.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS-RU and Leonard23
So 1 match left against Maryland and that's it for the regular season. Well that was quick, barely even got to know what our wrestlers looked like. Awesome schedule B1G.

Yeah, just an awful "season" and once again the B1G completely botched it. Not allowing us to wrestle close OOC opponents really put a damper on everything and basically caused this to be a completely wasted year.

This was an easy call after my daughter told me a bunch were out partying at a Cheerleaders house.

Rutgers wrestling has been forced to withdrawal for their upcoming quad this weekend with Michigan State, Nebraska, Indiana due to COVID-19 issues within the program. TKR will have an update on this once we have more information.

Click the link below for more

Could make it tricky for some of the roster to have enough matches for the B1G’s, no?

Most of the starters (Aguilar, Rivera, MVB, Kanniard, Turley, Poz, & Janzer) have the minimum 4 matches already or they will have 4 (Alvarez, Donner, Boone) after Maryland assuming it happens. Only issue would be if it was Alvarez/Donner/Boone who tested positive, then they might not be eligible since I think you need to wait 17 days and Maryland is on the 19th.

Rutgers wrestling has been forced to withdrawal for their upcoming quad this weekend with Michigan State, Nebraska, Indiana due to COVID-19 issues within the program. TKR will have an update on this once we have more information.

Click the link below for more
At this point when can I get my cutouts back?

ScottRU93 - Are you saying that a bunch of our wrestlers were partying at a Cheerleader's house?
Yes. 2-2.5 weeks ago. I am not going to say who and maybe had nothing to do with this outbreak but shows the “mindset” of some of them. It was about 6 wrestlers. And it is 100% factual. Not a friend of a friend type of thing. 1st hand info

No need to share at the time bc nothing had happened and was hoping nothing would. Oh well.

The one thing I will add is it was not the older/higher level guys but doesn’t matter bc it puts everyone at risk

Last edited:
Yes. 2-2.5 weeks ago. I am not going to say who and maybe had nothing to do with this outbreak but shows the “mindset” of some of them. It was about 6 wrestlers. And it is 100% factual. Not a friend of a friend type of thing. 1st hand info

No need to share at the time bc nothing had happened and was hoping nothing would. Oh well.

The one thing I will add is it was not the older/higher level guys but doesn’t matter bc it puts everyone at risk

No reason not to believe you, but a party 2 or 2.5 weeks ago would not show up today. The team is tested frequently and a party from 2-2.5 weeks ago if exposed would have shown up way before today

I know people who have followed every suggestion imaginable... wearing one or multiple masks. Not gathering in large groups. Social distancing whenever possible... and still test positive. This thing is unpredictable and it’s everywhere. Of course you increase the likelihood of testing positive if you’re irresponsible but it’s also very possible to contract the virus while taking every precaution. This outbreak isn’t necessarily and indictment on anybody.

No reason not to believe you, but a party 2 or 2.5 weeks ago would not show up today. The team is tested frequently and a party from 2-2.5 weeks ago if exposed would have shown up way before today
A - I said may have nothing to do with this outbreak
B - it’s more about the behavior and if willing to do it then who knows when else. That was 1 instance.

I know people who have followed every suggestion imaginable... wearing one or multiple masks. Not gathering in large groups. Social distancing whenever possible... and still test positive. This thing is unpredictable and it’s everywhere. Of course you increase the likelihood of testing positive if you’re irresponsible but it’s also very possible to contract the virus while taking every precaution. This outbreak isn’t necessarily and indictment on anybody.
Agree 100%, but there are things you can do to put yourself more at risk. Don’t think it’s smart to be doing them in season.

Yeah, just an awful "season" and once again the B1G completely botched it. Not allowing us to wrestle close OOC opponents really put a damper on everything and basically caused this to be a completely wasted year.

Hence, the free year granted by the NCAA.

At this point when can I get my cutouts back?

You can't. I have repurchased them and will be "sitting" them on the stools in my bar.

Inexcusable but kids will be kids.

It depends on how often the team is tested and the method (reliability) of testing. I would think minimum weekly testing. If weekly is the case, theoretically could be tested today BUT could have contracted 4-5 days ago and test negative under normal circumstances. Then get tested the following week. That would be 12 days. If it is a saliva test, might be confirmed with a nasal swab which could take another 2 to 3 days for results. Net time is 2 weeks. Now, I'm not sure of the reliability of the test they are using, but some tests are easier to conduct but much less reliable than a deep nasopharangeal (need medical professional to conduct and more invasive) swab. Depending on the tests and their reliability, false negatives could push the timeline past two weeks.

It appears Suriano might have made the right call training in Arizona.

By far. Have you seen his training partners? He's been working with James Green, Micic, Jordan Oliver and more. He's dialed in and if he wants to be the champ, there's no doubt about it, this is what he needs to do. The 57 kg field has a lot more experience in freestyle than him.

I obviously would love to see him make another run at NCAAs but he'll get a lot better in AZ. Hopefully he'll come back.

Last edited:
Tom Brands has tested positive for covid hes asymptomatic. The team is still on track to compete this weekend

It absolutely sucks that we have nothing to look forward to for another 2 weeks... then we get 1 dual and then another two weeks of nothing. there is basically a month of absolutely nothing upcoming.

so let’s go easy on the kids and coaches.

WNG you are the team's greatest fan and have the best connection with the coaches. I love all the information that you give us fans.

It seems when something goes wrong with the team there is always an excuse. The wrestlers that went to the party (if true) spoiled chances for their teammates to compete. If we don't wrestle until Maryland, it will be harder for some guys to qualify for NCAAs . The coaches need to step up. It is not fair to the wrestlers that stayed safe.

Schiano and the football coaches were able to negotiate COVID and didn't miss a game. They have about 100 players.

I don't care if Penn State got COVID. They are national champions and usually win so their mistakes are easier to overlooked. When we screw up, it is hard to point to accomplishments so me make excuses. I hope the coaches had a serious talk if the kids went to a party and disciplined the kids the ruined it for others.

WNG you are the team's greatest fan and have the best connection with the coaches. I love all the information that you give us fans.

It seems when something goes wrong with the team there is always an excuse. The wrestlers that went to the party (if true) spoiled chances for their teammates to compete. If we don't wrestle until Maryland, it will be harder for some guys to qualify for NCAAs . The coaches need to step up. It is not fair to the wrestlers that stayed safe.

Schiano and the football coaches were able to negotiate COVID and didn't miss a game. They have about 100 players.

I don't care if Penn State got COVID. They are national champions and usually win so their mistakes are easier to overlooked. When we screw up, it is hard to point to accomplishments so me make excuses. I hope the coaches had a serious talk if the kids went to a party and disciplined the kids the ruined it for others.
You (and a bunch of our fans) have unrealistic expectations and hold us to a higher, unattainable standard, while excusing everyone else.

I think you're right about everything but the last paragraph. Whatever happens at Penn State is not an excuse for anyone else and is no more acceptable than anyone else.

It's very difficult to have any meaningful conversation here when some of the posters are apologists for anything subpar. RUCrackers caught hell because he expressed an opinion that some others didn't like. There's a lot that could be discussed objectively if only people would grow up. Now watch... Mother Leonard will have difficulty controlling himself.

I do not know who went to a party if that happened and if one or more tested positive. If that happened it is sad and then did impact the program. The coaches can’t live with these kids at night every night.

Reactions: Leonard23
I think you're right about everything but the last paragraph. Whatever happens at Penn State is not an excuse for anyone else and is no more acceptable than anyone else.

It's very difficult to have any meaningful conversation here when some of the posters are apologists for anything subpar. RUCrackers caught hell because he expressed an opinion that some others didn't like. There's a lot that could be discussed objectively if only people would grow up. Now watch... Mother Leonard will have difficulty controlling himself.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Schiano and the football program “negotiated” covid by being one of the first D1 teams in the country to have an outbreak. They didn’t miss games because their outbreak occurred in the summer. Can we stop alluding to the thought that Goodale has no control of the team?

Look, please end the supposition that the Gang of 6 party animals were the one or ones that tested positive. Not the case! The positive test or tests came from a person or persons who never saw a party in their life. Goodale or coaches have not lost control of the team. That is all I will say.

Look, please end the supposition that the Gang of 6 party animals were the one or ones that tested positive. Not the case! The positive test or tests came from a person or persons who never saw a party in their life. Goodale or coaches have not lost control of the team. That is all I will say.
Whether or not the Gang of 6 contracted the virus is much less relevant than the irresponsible behavior of attending a party and potentially catching and spreading the virus.

Correct but I did not misinformation out there as the cause for cancellation

ADVERTISEMENT