ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers pursuit of a SEC coach instead of Edwards is a decade late.

Bamm Bamm Rubble

Hall of Famer
Oct 6, 2005
Leave it to Rutgers to pursuit a coach to brings in the power spread 5 years late...

Leave it to Rutgers pursuit a SEC coach 10 years late...

We're always late late late.
The man has a losing SEC record for crying out loud! I'm not sure he can replicate what James Franklin has done at Penn State!

Rutgers would send a loud message if it snatches a power five teams coach.... it'll be even a louder message if the coache is arecent hire. Herman Edwards would win the press conference and own that podium for the rest of his career. Our program needs this hire in the worst way.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUNVA
Ain't no SEC coach being pursued. It's Sarg throwing out some made up drama. ZERO chance Borehead is being pursued.

Any former NY Jets fans on this board want to weigh in on RU hiring Herman Edwards?

He was horrible with the Jets. He’s part of the reason the Jets are the same old Jets.

Rutgers would send a loud message if it snatches a power five teams coach.... it'll be even a louder message if the coache is arecent hire. Herman Edwards would win the press conference and own that podium for the rest of his career. Our program needs this hire in the worst way.

Herm Edwards is Rex Ryan without the coaching talent. If we were going to go this route, Ryan would be the home run hire. And I bet he would take the job if we threw a reasonable amount of money at him.

Any former NY Jets fans on this board want to weigh in on RU hiring Herman Edwards?

He was horrible with the Jets. He’s part of the reason the Jets are the same old Jets.

Jets fan here ... Herm was a godawful X's and O's coach and his general philosophy (sit on the ball with a lead, always play for the field goal, only pressure with your front 4) is for losers. However, he's tailor-made to recruit (just like Rex Ryan is). My guess is Herm would be similar to James Franklin (although at Rutgers he would be working with far less resources than Penn State, obviously) - he'd get the players, but then largely waste their talents and abilities once they got here.

Still, I'd take Herm over a lot of the candidates you hear mentioned on this Board.

Last edited:

You think the Alabama fans care what the Miami Dolphins fans think about Nick Saban? I'm a Jets fan to my friend.

lol ok hire him. I can’t wait for a Politi question on why your offense still sucks. I bet the answer is “we play to win the game!!!!!!!!”
Rutgers isn't going to hire him because he's by Far and Away the right choice. You think I give a rat's what Politi thinks? He won't be the only voice with Edwards on campus, and I guarantee you that. I know this region pretty damned well, and I know this will play out for the best. I know these parents and coaches will trust him with their young men.

Why would Herm Edwards leave Arizona State for Rutgers?
Is he from Arizona? What are they paying him? Would he have a greater impact at Rutger or Arizona State? Did the people of Arizona even know who he was before he took the job?

Last edited:
New Jersey is far more dedicated to the game of football than any state in the country... it just now needs to make Rutgers a priority. Rutgers is now willing to pay the head coach north of 4 million dollars and that's saying a lot. They've got to pick the right man and the right man for this job is Herman Edwards. James Franklin has been eating us up... Herman Edwards will put an immediate stop to this.

Last edited:
Leave it to Rutgers to pursuit a coach to brings in the power spread 5 years late...

Leave it to Rutgers pursuit a SEC coach 10 years late...

We're always late late late.
The man has a losing SEC record for crying out loud! I'm not sure he can replicate what James Franklin has done at Penn State!

I really want the hire to be in the BEST way.

Why would Herm Edwards leave Arizona State for Rutgers?
Because we will pay him more. Because we will show him what he's actually worth... He brings more to the table at Rutgers than he does at Arizona State. They're soft in Arizona... people are way too comfortable.

GUYS: there is no way in hell - NONE - that Herm is leaving Playboy U, to come back home and deal with this mess, at his age.

He's around the same age as Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mack Brown it looks a lot more healthier and displays a lot more energy and passion.

I don't think you guys understand! People from Connecticut down to Delaware Valley would know our coaches name. You don't think his familiarity with WFAN as a Jets coach hold any weight? You don't think his new familiarity with the staff at ESPN holds any weight. We can probably give him a segment with ESPN Radio in New York and Philadelphia every Friday evening before the night before game time. He'll get a lot more done with Rutgers than he would with Arizona State. The man is worth his weight in gold. He's already bigger than James Franklin... just give him the stage.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but WHAT???? Have you ever been to ASU? Do you not know the running joke, nationally, about ASU? Get a sense of humor, "bro," and throw an "are" in there next time as well. [cheers]
I understand you... but you're wrong about this guy. He's not concerned with that garbage.

Because we will pay him more. Because we will show him what he's actually worth... He brings more to the table at Rutgers than he does at Arizona State. They're soft in Arizona... people are way too comfortable.
Rutgers paying him $5 Million/year? And his staff as well?

ADVERTISEMENT