ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Ranked #50 IN THE WORLD !!!

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
2021-22 CWUR rankings were released recently. Rutgers is once again the number 50 university IN THE WORLD !!! Congratulations to everyone associated with Rutgers.

It's around about where Rutgers should be in any global ranking for research, faculty awards/quality, department rankings, etc., but CWUR's methodological focus on "quality of education" seems a little weird. Is that why Dartmouth is so high? It sure as hell ain't for outstanding research faculty. I also can't imagine why U Penn would top Caltech, and UIUC is too high, imo. Also think Pitt is a little low, although its good not to see CWUR duped by second-rate research institutions like UVA, Brown, etc. I'm suspicious of the high rankings of a handful of European institutions (not that they don't have excellent faculty, but because their research funding is usually so far below US levels). And how one tries to rank Chinese schools through all the dubious data they produce, I have no idea. Still, good to see Rutgers in the top 50 where it should be. Now, it's high time for another Nobel Prize...

Weren't we in the 30's at one point?

We live in America. Like it or not the USNWR is the ranking that matters most.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Cali, I believe we were at 47 a few years back. Whatever ranking is the highest, Rutgers should be promoting the heck out of this. Every piece of literature, TV commercials, first page of the website, etc. A LOT of those schools below us are considered “better” by many New Jerseyans. Just my two cents

Rutgers-NB continues to acquit itself well in this particular ranking so might as well champion it to some degree. Nice to remain above Crappy Valley State, among others.

Rutgers-Newark is lower down the list than I'd have guessed but there's something to be said for making it into the rankings at least. It more than holds it own as a secondary campus of a flagship system, especially compared to other public flagships with branch campuses.

It's around about where Rutgers should be in any global ranking for research, faculty awards/quality, department rankings, etc., but CWUR's methodological focus on "quality of education" seems a little weird. Is that why Dartmouth is so high? It sure as hell ain't for outstanding research faculty. I also can't imagine why U Penn would top Caltech, and UIUC is too high, imo. Also think Pitt is a little low, although its good not to see CWUR duped by second-rate research institutions like UVA, Brown, etc. I'm suspicious of the high rankings of a handful of European institutions (not that they don't have excellent faculty, but because their research funding is usually so far below US levels). And how one tries to rank Chinese schools through all the dubious data they produce, I have no idea. Still, good to see Rutgers in the top 50 where it should be. Now, it's high time for another Nobel Prize...

I also agree that the CWUR ranking of Pitt at #72 seems a little low but it is their ranking.

However, there are other Global University Rankings.

The 2021 US News and World Report - Best Global Universities Rankings has Pitt listed at #43 best in the World.

Every ranking evaluation has its own set of metrics/criteria.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT