ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers refuses to investigate some sexual harassment claims. Are students at risk?

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
I give it a week before this guy is suspended/fired. Students will rally.

Anger over Kavanaugh, Rutgers harassment policy unites students who say, 'I believe you'

One woman said she was sexually assaulted on the third day of school at Rutgers. Another said he was assaulted at a high school party. More than a few who attended a rally on the Rutgers campus Wednesday night said they had been molested as young children and were not believed by their families.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/10/angry_over_kavanaugh_rutgers_harassment_policy_stu.html

I think your title is a little over the top. The only refusal was the refusal to investigate complaints more than two years old, and the story says Barchi abolished that policy today or yesterday.

I don't know what prompts the faculty union to be involved with this aside from trying to attract student support on more general issues, such as faculty pay. But then again I'm not a big fan of the faculty union.

I think your title is a little over the top. The only refusal was the refusal to investigate complaints more than two years old, and the story says Barchi abolished that policy today or yesterday.

I don't know what prompts the faculty union to be involved with this aside from trying to attract student support on more general issues, such as faculty pay. But then again I'm not a big fan of the faculty union.
He does this all the time.

He does this all the time.

I just copy and pasted the Ledger title

It's not mine

I just copy and pasted the Ledger title

It's not mine
I think if do that as a link in your post and make your own title in the OP nstead it looks less like it’s your own article.

I was the discrimnatin investigator at a B1G university for 10 years. We followed state law for discrimination complaints and accepted complaints up to 300 days or less from the alleged act of discrimination. Frankly, it is nearly impossible to investigate old complaints. Memories fade. People leave the university and are unreachable. Witnesses die. Records disappear.

I’ll also point out that the Office for Civil Rights of the US Department of Education, where I worked for 15 years, and is the main investigator of colleges and universities, only accepts complaints within 180 days of the alleged act of discrimination. EEOC, which investigates employment complaints, only accepts complaints up to 180 days or 300 days depending on the circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT