ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers season ticket (and parking) costs

Back on topic...

I know we all like to joke about the ticket office incompetence but I hope they have been planning for this and coming up options and contingencies.

This also something where the entire conference can work together to solve the various issues - discuss different ways to fill stadiums and such.

Note - there is not going to be a good solution for everyone. Thats life.
Hopefully the schools figure out how to manage the fan relationships. Even if it means potentially refunding money or providing other benefits for less games/moved seats.

Reactions: ATIOH
Back on topic...

I know we all like to joke about the ticket office incompetence but I hope they have been planning for this and coming up options and contingencies.

This also something where the entire conference can work together to solve the various issues - discuss different ways to fill stadiums and such.

Note - there is not going to be a good solution for everyone. Thats life.
Hopefully the schools figure out how to manage the fan relationships. Even if it means potentially refunding money or providing other benefits for less games/moved seats.

Didn't SEC teams face this issue this past season (many schools were allowing a certain % of fans in the seats)? I'm sure that there were some lessons learned that we can benefit from.

Obviously, it would be best if we were far enough along with eradicating COVID that there were no limitations. I for one would be OK with use of vaccination cards, with no limits on those already vaccinated. By Sept, everyone should have had the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Reactions: NickRU714
Didn't SEC teams face this issue this past season (many schools were allowing a certain % of fans in the seats)? I'm sure that there were some lessons learned that we can benefit from.

Obviously, it would be best if we were far enough along with eradicating COVID that there were no limitations. I for one would be OK with use of vaccination cards, with no limits on those already vaccinated. By Sept, everyone should have had the opportunity to get vaccinated.
Nobody will ask for a card. Too much money has been lost already and nobody will be turned away if they didn't have one. . And fake cards will be made and sold on the black market.

Reactions: MrsScrew

That would be forcing people to get the vaccine, which no one is doing right now, even hospitals. Not going to happen.

SEC had issues because the max was like 8000 people in the stadium and they have very large numbers of season ticket holders. Our lack of enthusiasm and season ticket holders at Rutgers will play in the favor of those who are.

Reactions: goru1869
That would be forcing people to get the vaccine, which no one is doing right now, even hospitals. Not going to happen.

SEC had issues because the max was like 8000 people in the stadium and they have very large numbers of season ticket holders. Our lack of enthusiasm and season ticket holders at Rutgers will play in the favor of those who are.
Speak for yourself, young lady. 😛

4zq34r.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Mrs Screw to patients—
Oh so sorry to hear about your high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bad arthritis, broken arm, glaucoma, and diabetes. The best cure for you is to buy four Rutgers Football season tickets , put a Rutgers magnet on your cars, and donate $10,000 to the new Rutgers Football Indoor Practice Facility. Once you do that, you will be perfectly fine.

Mrs Screw to patients—
Oh so sorry to hear about your high blood pressure, high cholesterol, bad arthritis, broken arm, glaucoma, and diabetes. The best cure for you is to buy four Rutgers Football season tickets , put a Rutgers magnet on your cars, and donate $10,000 to the new Rutgers Football Indoor Practice Facility. Once you do that, you will be perfectly fine.

I have given R magnets to patients....

All I will ever ask for is consistency. I'm sure if we jump in the way back machine to when Hillary was crying the election was "stolen" (her words) from her, I guess we will find all of the criticisms of her craziness posted by you defenders of truth right?
I bet just the opposite would be true for most of you.

Just stop

Don’t recall the last loser of the Presidential election (2016) saying the Election “ was totally rigged” ...in fact the winner was saying this exact thing in the months prior to the election. Saying the 2020 election was stolen is the biggest lie in the political history of this country. Inciting domestic terrorists to storm the Capital and destroy our democracy based on these propagated lies is a crime against our country.

Cowbell, it is everywhere anymore. People can’t have a conversation about their favorite potato chip without it turning political. This Summer marks five years for me of basically ignoring all media news, except for sports and the weather. A lot calmer life. Oh, by the way, it is Charles Chips. lol
Sorry Heaven, but these are the BEST...
middleswarth-plain-chips1.jpg

Don’t recall the last loser of the Presidential election (2016) saying the Election “ was totally rigged” ...in fact the winner was saying this exact thing in the months prior to the election. Saying the 2020 election was stolen is the biggest lie in the political history of this country. Inciting domestic terrorists to storm the Capital and destroy our democracy based on these propagated lies is a crime against our country.
Couldn't find a good Kool-Aid guy meme for ya brother.

You are one of the way out guys (from both sides) most regular folks try to avoid .
Your hatred of the last President and any that don't conform to your way of thinking is unhealthy. Hate will consume you eventually.
I like to hear opinions opposed to my own that are based on facts. Not regurgitated talking points.
Nobody comes here for your nonsense. As I said before just stop.
Won't respond again so don't bother with page 2 of today's talking points.
Sorry Heaven, wish we could turn off the partisan stuff here.
Over and out

Reactions: goru1869
I never understood this criticism. Celebrating Chinese New Year while in America or visiting Chinatowns in American cities does not give you the virus more than any other neighborhood, that is ridiculous. Do you think that just because “China” is in the name, it should be avoided because you may get the virus. I’m not Chinese, but I celebrated the Chinese New York and did not get the virus from doing so.

It was more the timing of DeBlasio and other pols saying to celebrate Chinese NY as a counter to Trump shutting down direct flights. Initially, they screamed racism at DJT (and really never reversed themselves). At that particular time, all we knew (which was very little) is that Covid-19 had originated in China. Probably logical that more people in NY (and other) Chinatown(s) had recently visited China. I agree that months later, it was found that most of the infections on the east coast came from people traveling from Europe and he should have shut down more (all) international flights. But the cat was out of the bag by that point anyway.

We purposely did not go into NYC to celebrate last year, we celebrated at home. And didn't dine in Flushing.

Inconsistency on a 100 year pandemic that very few understood from day one. I would say every major leader got it wrong one way or another. If people want to kill Murphy and other northeast governors for being too conservative with peoples lives, I think he will take that. We just got through the PEAK, we have a vaccine and things are looking much better. No need to rush now when we are so close. “Other” leaders said this will all just go away to zero soon, 500k deaths later.
Please explain to me how taking Covid positive patients out of hospitals and placing them in nursing homes with extremely vulnerable populations is being "conservative" with peoples lives. That's exactly what Murphy and Cuomo did. But they are not "taking" that, they are stridently avoiding responsibility for those actions.

Please explain to me how taking Covid positive patients out of hospitals and placing them in nursing homes with extremely vulnerable populations is being "conservative" with peoples lives. That's exactly what Murphy and Cuomo did. But they are not "taking" that, they are stridently avoiding responsibility for those actions.
I have never heard a good solution to that problem. Many northeast states had the same issue early on when hospitals were hitting capacity.

in before the lock!

personally, i don't care if its 6 vs 7 games. no big deal to me. i do care if i get shifted to the upper deck though.

They did have an underutilized hosoship and a nearly empty Javitts center at that time, so there were options that would have not impacted LTC facilities.

This. A million times this.

200 patients treated on the ship before it left for lack of use and 1000 patients at the Javits center. Countless other tents set up around the NY/NJ area that we're never used.

Reactions: cicero grimes
They did have an underutilized hosoship and a nearly empty Javitts center at that time, so there were options that would have not impacted LTC facilities.
Are you serious? You want to transfer elderly patients from all over the tri-state area to open hospitals or move them all to the Javitz center?

Are you serious? You want to transfer elderly patients from all over the tri-state area to open hospitals or move them all to the Javitz center?

The ship and the Javitz center were set up as hospitals with ventilators, nursing care etc. Both places were extremely underused as I posted above. And it was a way better option to cohort Covid positive patients instead not sending them back to LTC facilities where they infected others and caused outbreaks and death.

The ship and the Javitz center were set up as hospitals with ventilators, nursing care etc. Both places were extremely underused as I posted above. And it was a way better option to cohort Covid positive patients instead not sending them back to LTC facilities where they infected others and caused outbreaks and death.

Quarantine locations are a simple way to handle such issues.

I thought maybe the dates were off but Javitz center was active early March into May and Murphy forced take back was in the middle of the window in April.

This references early March for javitz center:

Here is article on murphy's order:

For those that don’t want to use cell phone tickets, you can get real tickets mailed to you for a one time fee of $10.

Spoke to my rep Monday and ordered the real tickets for my group.

Another alternative might have been the plastic credit card they use for basketball, a card for each seat....... I could then hand those out ahead of time to the people I get the seats for, and they would not have to print out individual tickets

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT