ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers set to play No. 1 Baylor in Jimmy V Classic / Rutgers Dropped Out

YESSSSSS!!!
Do we still have an image problem with some posters about our non-conference schedule?

Reactions: Scarlet83
My only problem with this is the title should read Baylor to play number 15 Rutgers!!!!

Reactions: shields
I think that the B1G has a long-term arrangement to have a game played at the Garden each season. My understanding of that is that each team would play one home game there, which Michigan did last season, with us as the visitors. But this seems to be the second time RU is the home team, the first coming against Wisconsin a couple of years back.

Can anyone explain why that would be the case? It still seems as though 11 or 12 schools have yet to have their turn for a home game at the Garden.

Another question: is the Jimmy V Classic a tournament or just one doubleheader? Playing Baylor, along with our games in the B1G-ACC and B1G-BE challenges would seem to put to rest any concerns about our OOC schedule.

Thanks.

Awesome great news with a really good and a winnable game at MSG , that assuming something good happens to treat the virus by that time , the Rutgers Nation will be out in full force. Our schedule strength will be superb when you add in Seton Hall, the Gavitt Games and the Big 10/ ACC challenge . This is a win win ! I can hear that video being played with Jimmy V saying and “Rutgers Basketball “ on a continuous loop everywhere. This is the best news since the season got cancelled other than getting Cliff.

Rather play home conference games at the RAC instead of a neutral court MSG

well, that is the way it goes, and it really is fair enough....Michigan ok'd their home game against us at the garden...so, this year we sacrifice a home game for the garden

I would not complain....and every year we do it, it shows the world how we are NYC's team!

I like it a lot.

But do see the concern about having a HOME game played there. The one against Sparty and not this one.

Anyone else in the B1G have this done?

Rather play home conference games at the RAC instead of a neutral court MSG
This isn’t a home conference game. It is the Jimmy V Classic at MSG against a top team in our backyard. You cannot view this as anything other than good news. We are finally being included in these pre season or in season tourneys so that means we have arrived after 30 years in purgatory. This will restore our imprint at MSG like it was in the late 70’s and early 80’s. If we are in the national conversation every year only good things will be happening to this program.

I think that the B1G has a long-term arrangement to have a game played at the Garden each season. My understanding of that is that each team would play one home game there, which Michigan did last season, with us as the visitors. But this seems to be the second time RU is the home team, the first coming against Wisconsin a couple of years back.

Can anyone explain why that would be the case? It still seems as though 11 or 12 schools have yet to have their turn for a home game at the Garden.

Another question: is the Jimmy V Classic a tournament or just one doubleheader? Playing Baylor, along with our games in the B1G-ACC and B1G-BE challenges would seem to put to rest any concerns about our OOC schedule.

Thanks.

I guess because we are 35 miles away.

I guess because we are 35 miles away.

Yes, we are by far the closest B1G institution to the Garden but that should mean we could be the frequent choice as the "away" team, rather than having to give up more than our share of home games. If, in fact, the original arrangement was for each conference school to play a "home" game at the Garden, we shouldn't be due again for another 22 or 23 years!

The Baylor game is great for us. That is not what was being questioned.

This isn’t a home conference game. It is the Jimmy V Classic at MSG against a top team in our backyard. You cannot view this as anything other than good news. We are finally being included in these pre season or in season tourneys so that means we have arrived after 30 years in purgatory. This will restore our imprint at MSG like it was in the late 70’s and early 80’s. If we are in the national conversation every year only good things will be happening to this program.

Michigan State is conference game at MSG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT