ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers / Seton Hall back on -- Dec. 12th

Who cares? They're playing the game, that's all that matters. The rest is noise.
Many RU fans care. It was our sold-out home game we're giving up this year btw.

Yes would like to see what we got out of the deal. I would think worst case is the entire deal is extended one addition year to ensure both parties end up with the same amount of home games in the series.

Exactly … that’s all they needed to do. Not the most complex of solutions.

Glad to see the series continue, but feel the Hall won the stalemate and made Hobbs bend to their will.
If there is even the littlest of upside for RU MBB fans over Seton Hall having its way , it would be now Rutgers fans have another reason ( and a big one) to dislike the Pirate Program

For Hall fans, they can gloat over Hobbs caving and claim the Hall AD made the RU AD walk the plank in order to continue the series .:chairshot:

Disappointed we caved. They had every opportunity to honor their end last year and chose not to

Now they walk out with exactly what they wanted. Didn't have to play us with no fans. Instead they went to an empty Penn state and get Penn state to the rock with fans. Perfectly played by them.

Yes would like to see what we got out of the deal. I would think worst case is the entire deal is extended one addition year to ensure both parties end up with the same amount of home games in the series.
I could live with that, plus a mulligan for us too if something crazy happens again (force majeure) and we need to opt out.

Game I most want Rutgers to win after the Michigan game. Not terribly interested in the Merrimack game and Minnesota and Nebraska,etc.will never be rivals. Yes,I get that it is important to finish in the Top 8 in the Big Ten. An SHU road win should be a Tier One win and resonates in March. It is also a huge feel good high.

Interesting. They've been bringing in alot of talent and could beat us too. Should've gave them the same energy- they gave us last year

Many RU fans care. It was our sold-out home game we're giving up this year btw.

If we didn't the play game then we ALSO wouldn't have a sold out home game.

You said they took a sold out home game off our schedule by playing there.

What if we don't play there? We'd just get another home game against like Lafayette or something.
Oh no, we'd expect a SJU, Temple, etc to replace the shoe game at the RAC this season.

This will be interesting indeed, waiting for some SHU news to drop soon on another topic....cue up a potential next batch of excuses when a player somehow doesn't play, if SHU doesn't win, etc etc

The bigger school held the hammer in this case being RU....it is taking the high road and putting the petty stuff to the side. No excuses for either side, play the game and see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT