ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers / Seton Hall back on -- Dec. 12th

Madhat1, no offense but your post is based on pure speculation and erroneous assumptions. You have no idea what actually occurred. Even if someone told you how things really went down, I bet that your bias would not allow you to be objective.

Madhat1, no offense but your post is based on pure speculation and erroneous assumptions. You have no idea what actually occurred. Even if someone told you how things really went down, I bet that your bias would not allow you to be objective.
Mad hat biased? Pure speculation based on erroneous assumptions

Reactions: MADHAT1
Don't worry, if truth comes out I would have no problem accepting the facts.
Just because I speculated on the real reason Seton Hall canceled playing Rutgers , doesn't mean I'd refuse to acknowledge my guess on the real reason was wrong .

My assumption on this issue was in the form of smack talk, don't believe my opinion is so biased that I'd refuse to accept being wrong if the facts came out proving my feelings on this issue was far off base.
But for now , I'll wonder if it was really the lack of fans or feeling that losing to Rutgers ( fans or not)
would hurt in state recruiting and make the Pirate program lose a lot of stature with NJ HS coaches.

As for taking offense in what you replied, actually I appreciate the type of response you made ( as a Hall supporter) to my harsh assessment of why the Hall backed out of playing .
You're just trying to defend your school , from what you felt was an attack on its integrity.

Reactions: batts
Where did this idea that the Hall cancelled the game come from? It's well known that the game was cancelled because conference play got moved up and conflicted with the date. Nobody disputed or got upset about that until it became evident that it was unlikely to be made up.

Reactions: batts
Where did this idea that the Hall cancelled the game come from? It's well known that the game was cancelled because conference play got moved up and conflicted with the date. Nobody disputed or got upset about that until it became evident that it was unlikely to be made up.
I thought the issue was that dates were available but SHU was scheduling away games on those dates. However I didn’t really follow it closely…. At the time, I thought it was strange that SHU was pimping its players, during a pandemic, to make a few bucks.

I thought the issue was that dates were available but SHU was scheduling away games on those dates. However I didn’t really follow it closely…. At the time, I thought it was strange that SHU was pimping its players, during a pandemic, to make a few bucks.

They did schedule Penn State on a date that would have worked, but I've seen no indication that Rutgers was interested in playing on any of the other days that SHU did. And I have no idea what the last part of your comment is about.

It’s a very unserious idea, just like some Hall fans claiming Rutgers only plays cupcakes ooc. Fact is both teams had Baylor on their schedule and would’ve played had it not been for Baylor’s covid outbreak. Hall clearly wasn’t scared of playing Baylor so saying they were afraid of Rutgers is just wrong. Rutgers clearly wanted to improve their ooc schedule so saying they only play cupcakes is wrong as well.

A once in a century global pandemic happened, the sports world (and the real world) was turned upside down. The important thing is cooler heads prevailed and the rivalry is back on track with both programs looking like perennial tournament teams. Exciting times for Jersey bball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT