ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Rutgers showing interest in 2021 forward

I've seen lots of Cardet and saw Shai Gilgeous-Alexander when he was in HS and I don't see the similarity.

Yeah, if you’re going to attack the rim and look to draw help defenders, nice to have guys who can rebound/put back.

Cardet committed to Samford (not Stanford)....it is Samford and it is their highest rated recruit ever. Looks like Alabama was his leader and they filled all of their spots via the portal and other kids.

I remember specifically that @Russ Wood mentioned he wanted to be specifically used as lead guard or point guard and the primary focus of the offense. Samford will check all of those boxes for the frosh.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Cardet committed to Samford (not Stanford)....it is Samford and it is their highest rated recruit ever. Looks like Alabama was his leader and they filled all of their spots via the portal and other kids.

I remember specifically that @Russ Wood mentioned he wanted to be specifically used as lead guard or point guard and the primary focus of the offense. Samford will check all of those boxes for the frosh.

It is always nice to get a FutureCast pick correct.

Btw, "I'm betting on myself" is the new buzz phrase with recruits. For a while it was "Trust the process."

With the portal being what it is and apparently here to stay, it's probably a smart move to get more PT and showcase his skills for down the road.

I will watch any college basketball game on TV. I don’t know if I have ever seen Samford on National TV.

I will watch any college basketball game on TV. I don’t know if I have ever seen Samford on National TV.
You probably haven't because they haven't been very good over the past 20 years. Also, they are in the one-bid Southern Conference where the top teams are typically UNC-Greensboro, Wofford, Furman and, for a couple of seasons, Chattanooga.

We'll see his name in the portal in a year or two. Just my two cents.
I don't think he'll bail on his step-uncle after one season. After two seasons, if he's a dominant player in that league, he might enter the draft. Also, his step-uncle might leave for a higher level program after two seasons and Cardet might follow him.

Lots of possibilities.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Russ, has the merry-go-round stopped in Gainesville? I have lost track at this point if who is coming and who is going. I know, I know, it is like this at lots of schools right now.

Russ, has the merry-go-round stopped in Gainesville? I have lost track at this point if who is coming and who is going. I know, I know, it is like this at lots of schools right now.
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Florida men’s basketball team officially added four transfers on Thursday: CJ Felder (Boston College), Phlandrous Fleming Jr. (Charleston Southern), Myreon Jones (Penn State) and Brandon McKissic (Missouri-Kansas City).

McKissic and Fleming have both been defensive player of the year and all-league performers in their respective conferences, while Felder and Jones both have a track record of success on power conference teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT