ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Softball Returns Home To Host Wisconsin Friday Saturday Sunday

Has the softball team fallen since the controversy with the coach and her husband?

Can it recover from that, or is it a matter of time until we need a new coach?

Has the softball team fallen since the controversy with the coach and her husband?

Can it recover from that, or is it a matter of time until we need a new coach?
I'm starting to question that myself. I'm thinking the controversy might be too much to overcome at this point.

I’m pretty sure we lost our ACE pitcher and big HR hitter since the last season and THAT, nothing else, has been the issue (if so).

IIRC the girls complaining were all upperclassman who lost their jobs to new recruits. Let’s not make more of it than it was.

Reactions: rubaseball78
I’m pretty sure we lost our ACE pitcher and big HR hitter since the last season and THAT, nothing else, has been the issue (if so).

IIRC the girls complaining were all upperclassman who lost their jobs to new recruits. Let’s not make more of it than it was.

Also wondering if recruiting has taken a hit since that publicity, has it improved, or been steady (or too early to say)?

We got a coach from one of the Top softball programs in the country. We had some kids who didn’t want to be Division 1 Players and quit, then caused yet another non-scandal scandal. Sounds like she has spent some of her time pushing for the program to get facilities better than high school level. The squad is very young. Wayyy too early to give up on her, especially when you look at the track record of so many sports at Rutgers where coaches , as well as Fred Gruninger, stole paychecks from Rutgers and did little to nothing.

Also wondering if recruiting has taken a hit since that publicity, has it improved, or been steady (or too early to say)?

MOST Athletes like winners. Period. That issue was resolved immediately by getting the husband away from the program. IMHO it has zero to do with a rough season. I guess we’ll know more next couple of years though.

This was one sport I had expectations for ... thought it turned the corner. Sometimes teams have an unlucky year. Hope it’s a one year bump. Want to see as many teams at .500 or better ... prove RU belongs.

hey who knows....recruiting is still how you turn the corner.....and in softball it's 90% pitching......coach butler recruited ashley hitchcock at her previous
job ,and she followed her to ru.....hitchcock was second team ..all state for three years in ohio.. a very ,very good pitcher.....none the less...the bluebloods recruit four, and five star ist team all stater's......the difference is they throw 70 to 75 mph fastballs.....and one great pitcher can carry a team to a championship.

we did lose our starting pitcher from cal. who was a three year starter...also katie wingert has been hurt this year on, and off. and she is a huge bat in the lineup.....in todays world you have tread lightly or you get canceled...
if you don't get with the program, the vultures will be out to get you...thats the way it is, in todays clown world....,,and yes ,start looking like a big 10 program....for the men, and the ladies......just having turf fields isn't going to cut it.

IIRC, the softball team was very competitive for much of our first season in the B1G. Since then, there seems to have been a major drop-off with many losses being blowouts. Perhaps someone here could comment on RU's conference record since 2014.

Thanks.

RUTrack, One thing we have proved over the past two months-We belong in the Big Ten. So many wins. So many teams ranked in the Top 20 and even Top 10. We finally got over the hump in 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT