ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Softball Welcomes Taylor Fawcett To 2020 Roster

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Holy crap...Top 10 player in the nation in HS? That's a hell of an incoming transfer. I think it's safe to say the allegations for Butler were all BS and she is building a hell of a team. Wouldn't shock me if softball threatens for an NCAA Tourney berth this year.
Now they need better facilities. Not a huge amount of seating, but just something that is able to seat 500-1000 people comfortably.

Tango Two said:

Fawcett, a native of Phoenix, Arizona, transfers to Rutgers after spending last semester at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. She arrives "On The Banks" as the No. 8 ranked recruit according to FloSoftball and No. 11 recruit by Softball America in the 2019-20 incoming class.

https://scarletknights.com/news/2019/12/19/softball-welcomes-taylor-fawcett-to-2020-roster.aspxClick to expand...[/quote]

We are trying to morph into a big time athletic program but that will not be easy in NJ.

Last edited:
No doubt. Get a 3k seat Bainton with lights and scoreboard and concessions with media capabilities and a 1k softball stadium with the same and we are on our way.
While I will admit I know little about baseball it does appear that their is a really nice baseball stadium about 10 minutes from the school. Why doesn’t the school play at Somerset Patriots Stadium

While I will admit I know little about baseball it does appear that their is a really nice baseball stadium about 10 minutes from the school. Why doesn’t the school play at Somerset Patriots Stadium
That question has been asked by many. You aren't the first one to ask that, trust me.

We could play games there. However, we need to get a real stadium on campus. First and most important we need lights. Be able to host state tourney and travel ball teams for tournament is huge for recruiting. At some point we definitely need a real grand stand and press box. And eventually a real lockerroom ect.

Reactions: bigmatt718
They did do the Big East conference tournament there for about three years, then moved it elsewhere. Managed to get there a couple of days.

Add this to the lengthy list of Mulcahy flubbs. These were some of our best baseball years when he was AD. The Fenster, DeJesus, and Brownlie squads. I appreciate his contributions to football but god he dropped the ball and really screwed our other teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT