ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-St. John’s exhibition - Sun. Nov. 5th, 1PM @ the RAC

Great Idea, as long as it is Televised somewhere so I can see it - 5 Days before the current game against CCNY on Nov. 10th.

ND playing Holy Cross on Friday Night in South Bend.

Free admission and they will be passing the hat for donations for Hurricane victims

Fifty Year reunion of my 67 team but I may try to catch a Half------USC game is at night so the Mrs might relax curfew and let me stay out later than normal with the fellas.

Reactions: vascosg
ND playing Holy Cross on Friday Night in South Bend.

Free admission and they will be passing the hat for donations for Hurricane victims

Fifty Year reunion of my 67 team but I may try to catch a Half------USC game is at night so the Mrs might relax curfew and let me stay out later than normal with the fellas.
With a match between two Catholic schools, you meant to say “pass the basket” ;-)

So this would be a possible exhibition between RU & St. John's? That would be nice but I have a surprise birthday party for a family member that day. I might not be able to make it. Hopefully if it is played I can make it.

Reactions: bowlgoal
Or get TV who pays for content and donate more money for relief....that is how sports business is run these days lol

Certainly like the idea a Hurricane victim benefit but also could this be in place of a closed scrimmage? Perhaps this sets a trend and we have benefit games going forward as opposed to closed scrimmages that I could never understand.

Of course the game is weekend I am going to wedding in North Carolina.

Also found out the game with Holy Cross we have Friday is not THE Holy Cross but the D-3 Holy Cross locally situated to ND.

Don't need to see that------will be better off socializing.

I like the idea of a free open scrimmage. Maybe get some people in the arena that might not otherwise go.
I would also like it if they gave the season ticket holders seating priority. I get defensive of my seats and don't want other people there.

It was brought up as part of thread on the NCAA allowing an extra exhibition game as a fundraiser.

Sorry it wasted 11 seconds of your life

Hopefully no TV. Force people to pay to attend & raise money for hurricane relief

It should be a flat rate $5/10 any seat, and all parking and concessions go to relief, but otherwise i disagree with charging more for an exhibition

if they are going to do this and expect to raise some $$..then they need to get on it and not wait till 3 days out. Announce free parking and put the money into the tix fee to max donations.

This seems a little doubtful at this point. Has anyone heard anything out there?

That is good to hear. I hope the game is at 12 noon, 1 PM or 2 PM otherwise I will not be able to attend as there is a 75th surprise birthday party for my brother that I cannot miss.

It could be a PPV event like Missouri vs Kansas:

Sunday’s charity Tigers/Jayhawks basketball game will be televised via pay-per-view, the universities announced Friday morning.

The Showdown for Relief will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Sprint Center. Fans can access the telecast by visiting ShowdownForRelief.com. The cost is $40.

“As with the tickets to the game, all revenue derived from the telecast will go to aid the victims of the recent natural disasters in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands,” the University of Kansas said in a news release.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/20/ku-v-mizzou-basketball-game-will-be-televised-via-pay-per-view/

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Holy Cross’s coach Bill Carmody does not want to share billing with Notre Dame’s visiting 2018 commitment Robby Carmody. BTW my younger brother played Div-III hoops against Bill Carmody when the Stevens Tech Ducks hosted Union College in Hoboken back in the early 70s. Carmody was a seriously good Div-III player, but played second fiddle to a great guard at Union College (whose name escapes me) who went on to become a huge figure in NY state politics in Albany.

It could be a PPV event like Missouri vs Kansas:

Sunday’s charity Tigers/Jayhawks basketball game will be televised via pay-per-view, the universities announced Friday morning.

The Showdown for Relief will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Sprint Center. Fans can access the telecast by visiting ShowdownForRelief.com. The cost is $40.

“As with the tickets to the game, all revenue derived from the telecast will go to aid the victims of the recent natural disasters in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands,” the University of Kansas said in a news release.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/10/20/ku-v-mizzou-basketball-game-will-be-televised-via-pay-per-view/

Jonnies trying to convince Tim Higgins, and Jim Burr to come out of retirement and ref the game. Holding things up. Looking forward to 39:57 minutes of action.
Gematsu-E314-Comment-Wins.jpg

Reactions: daneman100
Can we make this game official and replace CCNY with this one?

Maybe because it's not happening?

I mean, I have no info regarding this game specifically, but teams are announcing games every day recently. Some are being announced for this coming weekend, still. I wouldn't say that it not being announced means anything as of now. If Jerry Carino says it's just awaiting NCAA approval I would say that's likely to be the case.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT