ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers student killed in Route 9 crash

Sunrise was about 7:15 today, and the crash happened around 6:25, so it was still dark. It's amazing how late sunrise becomes in the morning this time of year as Daylight Savings Time approaches its end.

Unfortunately I was driving to Freehold yesterday for work and saw the cars involved in the crash , without reading the article what I saw was one pickup truck looked like it t-boned another vehicle, as I passed close bye all I could say was OMG , there’s no way someone could have survived the damage done to one of the cars , my prayers go out to the families of those involved.

Unfortunately I was driving to Freehold yesterday for work and saw the cars involved in the crash , without reading the article what I saw was one pickup truck looked like it t-boned another vehicle, as I passed close bye all I could say was OMG , there’s no way someone could have survived the damage done to one of the cars , my prayers go out to the families of those involved.
The story makes it sound like a head-on crash -- the student's car crossed the median and was struck by the pick-up truck.(Maybe the student turned his car sideways after it crossed the median to try to reduce the force of the crash?) I don't subscribe to nj.com, so that's just based on the first few paragraphs.

ADVERTISEMENT