ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers TE Matt Flanagan going to Pitt as grad transfer.

Panthergrowl13

All Conference
Nov 11, 2002
I think he will be a good addition to our team for the one year of eligibility.

How would you assess his play while at Rutgers.

Including Flanagan, Narduzzi has brought in 3 grad transfers this year (QB-Max Browne and Brandon Hodges a starting Texas OL).

Grad Transfers have worked out fairly well for us by adding depth with experience.

Is Ash a proponent of adding grad transfers and how many has he brought in this year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Including Flanagan, Narduzzi has brought in 3 grad transfers this year (QB-Max Browne and Brandon Hodges a starting Texas OL).

Grad Transfers have worked out fairly well for us by adding depth with experience.

Is Ash a proponent of adding grad transfers and how many has he brought in this year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Well we wrere 2 and 10 and TE is our thinnest position and we didn't try to keep him here.

He was solid but our QBs and OC sucked, which is why he didn't have higher production. He'll be an asset to your team. Smart player. I'm sure he left because he saw a better chance to win in his last year.

Reactions: knightfan7

Is Ash a proponent of adding grad transfers and how many has he brought in this year. HAIL TO PITT!!!!

RU has brought in 8+ transfers (many of them grads) over the last 2 years - they will add depth and a few may be starters this year

Last edited:

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Steady and smart..

Partying as in drinking? Winners don't. Losers do. He was a cancer. I'll leave it at that.
Athletes on every campus partake in partying. It is part of the college lifestyle. The kid maintained a near perfect 4.0 GPA and was accepted into one of the more prestigious post grad science programs in the country.

Having lived in NYC for some 15 years I have seen my fair share of professional athletes in bars, clubs etc.. Would you call Derek Jeter a cancer? There were many times in the late 90's I saw him in small upper east side bars after a game shitfaced at 3AM on a game night with a day game on schedule.

Last edited:
Consistent. Won't make any game changing plays but he'll do enough to keep the chains moving. Solid hands. Would've liked to see him get more snaps, but we changed our scheme. He'll fit in with a more pro style offense. Smart kid. I believe he is pursuing a doctorate in bio.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

There is a very good chance RU will have Grad Transfers starting at the following positions...

QB - Bolin (L'ville)
WR - Mitchell (Ark)
P - Anderson (Dlll AA)

There is also Edwards, a RB from Miami, who will challenge for the starting spot.

There is a very good chance RU will have Grad Transfers starting at the following positions...

QB - Bolin (L'ville)
WR - Mitchell (Ark)
P - Anderson (Dlll AA)

There is also Edwards, a RB from Miami, who will challenge for the starting spot.

Just saw the article on another thread discussing the 12 transfers that Ash is bringing in.

Noticed in the article that Miami blocked the RB you mentioned (Rutgers get) from transferring to Pitt or Syracuse.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Partying as in drinking? Winners don't. Losers do. He was a cancer. I'll leave it at that.
Hahahahahaah, I can probably name 25 players off the top of my head, many of them core players and starters, I saw out partying who played on some of our best teams ever. THANK GOD we had these "losers". They were being college kids just like I was.

Reactions: Rokodesh and Rush12
He was solid but our QBs and OC sucked, which is why he didn't have higher production. He'll be an asset to your team. Smart player. I'm sure he left because he saw a better chance to win in his last year.
If Al thinks he is good, you can take it to the bank!

Reactions: MikeR0102
Sorry to say it, but he doesn't have a great set of hands. He dropped some very catch able balls last year. In fact our entire TE corps had a lot of problems blocking and catching, so he fit right in.

You guys completely missed my point. I should know better on the free board. Sorry I shared the nug.

Reactions: RUbanks
Just saw the article on another thread discussing the 12 transfers that Ash is bringing in.

Noticed in the article that Miami blocked the RB you mentioned (Rutgers get) from transferring to Pitt or Syracuse.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
I heard he was all Cuse before he was blocked.

skoolie,
The kid was a neuroscience major. If he could graduate in that major and play college football, then let him have a drink when he gets the chance. He's a good kid.

You guys completely missed my point. I should know better on the free board. Sorry I shared the nug.
Well then enlighten us. What is the point?

Did you play a sport at any level? Because you have multiple people on here that have played sports at a pretty high level that think a college kid partying with classmates is not that big of a deal.

Reactions: Rush12 and RUDutch
53289984.jpg

To say drinking is a problem is very wrong but it sounds like skoolie is saying he carried more problems then that.

Sorry to say it, but he doesn't have a great set of hands. He dropped some very catch able balls last year. In fact our entire TE corps had a lot of problems blocking and catching, so he fit right in.

He is tuff.
Witnessed him throwing around Tar Heels in our last Bowl appearance.

He reminded me of Kellen Winslow of the Dan Fouts Chargers without the speed, the ability to get open or the hands.
But if he plays hard and gives his all every play, could help the other Pitt players develop a never give up attitude and that helps any team.

Depends if he still goes out and parties after games

Does he drink before the game?

Perfect GPA while playing football and the kid will be a doctor or scientist when he's done. He can do whatever the f he wants

Last edited:
Isn't going to hurt you. Isn't going to help you. He's playable, but not going to make a difference.

Ultimately I think something like this. Will give Pitt solid reps but he's not going to be Antonio Gates.

Joe P.

Actually, RB is the one area that we have very good depth.

Interesting to see how he does at Rutgers.

Hope he gets to play (start) against Penn State.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
yeah, that's why he wanted to come to Cuse. Our RB's struggled last year with the young O line and we didnt have anyone with his size and power. Plus we had one RB transfer out. Pitt is pretty deep at back.

Very doubtful, since he wanted to be close to home & Sadexcuse is nowhere near Staten Island
lol you have 2 other senior backs he have to share carries with. At syracuse he would have probably been the starter. He was blocked for a reason but go ahead and believe what you want. btw syracuse was the original school he was committed to before Marrone left and its not 10 hours away. Nice try though

So that explains the Cincinnati hangover and not winning the Big East then. It was really a hangover?

The Flu apparently. The only team I knew you could see at the bar the night before games was the baseball team.

ADVERTISEMENT