ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers to play in Vancouver

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
PISCATAWAY, N.J. – The Rutgers women's basketball team will join defending national champion Notre Dame and 2017 national champion South Carolina at the 2018 Vancouver Showcase over Thanksgiving weekend.

The tournament will feature six teams that competed in last year's NCAA Tournament and three members of Naismith Hall of Fame on the sidelines in Rutgers' C. Vivian Stringer, Notre Dame's Muffet McGraw and South Carolina's Dawn Staley.

Action kicks off on Thursday, November, 22 with the pairings as follows (all times at Pacific):
  • Notre Dame vs. Gonzaga – Noon
  • Drake vs. Rutgers – 2:30 p.m.
  • South Carolina vs ETSU – 6:00 p.m.
  • Oregon State vs. Western Kentucky – 8:30 p.m.
Game times will be the same on Friday with the semifinals played at 6 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday's evening session featuring the championship/third place games will tip at 5 p.m.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkwBem7X0AAsbrb?format=jpg&name=medium

Dk0Xt7rU4AAL4R0.jpg:large

RU up by 15 at the half and lose by 10 ... to Drake? Glad I skipped the 2nd half. Good luck and try to rebound tomorrow!

Losing to Gonzaga ... who will RU play for last place? At least the men’s team won.

Based on the last two games Rutgers clearly needs some scorers because the competition will get more difficult against B1G opponents.

Reactions: scarlettb
When is Zippy going to contribute? Not much today. We were tied 21-21 at half against Gonzaga and get blown out by 17 in second half. Same thing against Drake. What is this a pattern?

All of our injured players will be back soon. Don’t panic yet.
Once the wins start showing with a full roster, this WBB's board roster will be missing a few members.
Or see them post far less.
That pattern has gone on for years.
Getting rid of CVS is the object, even if the WBB program usually is the best of the big 3 of RU sports.

In fairness to the bashers, this team needs to show more even if pieces missing.

Reactions: ChasRC69
All of our injured players will be back soon. Don’t panic yet.
Once the wins start showing with a full roster, this WBB's board roster will be missing a few members.
Or see them post far less.
That pattern has gone on for years.
Getting rid of CVS is the object, even if the WBB program usually is the best of the big 3 of RU sports.

In fairness to the bashers, this team needs to show more even if pieces missing.
The pattern that has gone on for the past few years is that we are a mediocre team at best

Reactions: shields
The pattern that has gone on for the past few years is that we are a mediocre team at best
one mediocre year>2016-17 (6-24)
2 seasons short of goal , but can't call mediocre since last NCAA appearance in 2014-15
2015-16 (19-15)
2017-18(20-12)

Reactions: Abro1975
Yesterday we were outscored by 25 points in the second half. Today we were outscored by 17. Not good.

Yesterday we were outscored by 25 points in the second half. Today we were outscored by 17. Not good.
I have to agree with your assessment. I am not a CVS basher, very much a supporter, but right now there is an issue with our offense in the second half. I hope it will be corrected when we are at full strength, but we will have to wait and see. Go RU!

Damn what is going on? Is it the time zone. This a totally different team

I didn't follow the game so I have a question for someone who actually SAW the game. We were called for 21 fouls and they for 12. We shot 10 free throws (made 7) and they shot 26 (made 21). Were we overly aggressive on defense and deserved all those fouls, or did we run into another ridiculously called women's basketball gsme?

Two losses in Vancouver may mean team gets to sit at home in March. Lots of work ahead for them as these were two bad losses out west.
Putting the cart before the horse this early in the season.
images

I'll wait till I see how RU plays after some of the injured return.
No excuse for the losses, but before succumbing to doom and gloom, I'll take a wait and see ( more victories) attitude before putting on my hardhat and claim the sky is falling.
Could be this team is far better than these two losses made it look.
question-mark-gif-137507-3129903.gif

Reactions: ChasRC69
Putting the cart before the horse this early in the season.
images

I'll wait till I see how RU plays after some of the injured return.
No excuse for the losses, but before succumbing to doom and gloom, I'll take a wait and see ( more victories) attitude before putting on my hardhat and claim the sky is falling.
Could be this team is far better than these two losses made it look.
question-mark-gif-137507-3129903.gif
We are stomping the sisters of the poor in vancouver 39 to 25 in the 3rd

Congrats on the win! Finally an RU team win a tourney game!!!!!!

Final two games of the Vancouver Showcase:

OSU 81 ND 91. Please note that OSU had a 12-point lead after 1Q, got it to a 14-point lead, and had a 9-pt lead at the half. They lost by 10. Games are 40 minutes.

Drake 90 SC 85 OT. Okay, so games are at least 40 minutes. Again, RU loss to Drake was not an upset.

Women's Hoops Gets Past ETSU in Game Three of TCL Vancouver Showcase

VANCOUVER, Canada –
The Rutgers women's basketball team will head back to the states on a high note after picking up a 68-44 win over East Tennessee State in the final of three games at the TCL Vancouver Showcase.

The victory upped the Scarlet Knights overall mark to 5-2 on the year, while the Buccaneers dropped to 0-7.

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...-in-game-three-of-tcl-vancouver-showcase.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT