ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Volleyball Heads To No. 6 Ohio State Saturday

Wow the B1G is tough and RU is still overmatched.

Just checked the schedule … if you remove the MSU victory in the other 7 games RU is 0-21 in sets. A few were close,

At one point RU was 1-99 in B1G play. There was a good year when RU went 6-14. Last year 0-20. Year before 2-18.

RU has MSU one more time so a shot at another win. Does RU have any shot against an opponent to sneak out another win (or at least take a set)?

Just checked the schedule … if you remove the MSU victory in the other 7 games RU is 0-21 in sets. A few were close,

At one point RU was 1-99 in B1G play. There was a good year when RU went 6-14. Last year 0-20. Year before 2-18.

RU has MSU one more time so a shot at another win. Does RU have any shot against an opponent to sneak out another win (or at least take a set)?
Its a tough conference but we need to see some improvement next year I would think and I hope these coaches can get it done

Big 10 volleyball is the toughest conference for any sport in college athletics. It’s easier to win an NCAA title than it is to win the Big 10. There are always at least 4 conference teams every year that have the ability to win the national title. PSU and Nebraska are juggernauts in the sport and Wisconsin isn’t far behind in their history. Schools spend an enormous amount of money on their facilities and program perks. Nebraska is actually revenue positive with the sport clearing $1mil+ annually. In the preseason polls Wisconsin was picked to win the Big 10 but Nebraska was ranked #1 in all the polls.

It’ll take the right coach and a tremendous amount of money to be competitive. If/when RU is looking for a coach they need to hire a Big 10 assistant and give them the resources they need. That would be how to jump start their program.

Big 10 volleyball is the toughest conference for any sport in college athletics. It’s easier to win an NCAA title than it is to win the Big 10. There are always at least 4 conference teams every year that have the ability to win the national title. PSU and Nebraska are juggernauts in the sport and Wisconsin isn’t far behind in their history. Schools spend an enormous amount of money on their facilities and program perks. Nebraska is actually revenue positive with the sport clearing $1mil+ annually. In the preseason polls Wisconsin was picked to win the Big 10 but Nebraska was ranked #1 in all the polls.

It’ll take the right coach and a tremendous amount of money to be competitive. If/when RU is looking for a coach they need to hire a Big 10 assistant and give them the resources they need. That would be how to jump start their program.
So are you saying this coach is not the one? I agree that the Big 10 is by far the hardest volleyball conference in the country

So are you saying this coach is not the one? I agree that the Big 10 is by far the hardest volleyball conference in the country
Not at all. I’m somewhat using your comment thinking they might not be. Perhaps I took it out of context.
I watch a lot of Big 10 volleyball and I’m a season ticket holder to NU volleyball. I really can’t say that there has been much, if any, improvement of the actual team. I do know that RU has taken steps to get more fans involved and have moved some games to the RAC, but it took some stuff from other Big 10 schools for them to make some moves. With the transfer portal and the right coaches in place it’s very easy to make quick gains. NIL has some influence in VB but not like other sports. There’s only about 8 schools that have girls receiving substantial NIL money. VB is one of the biggest transfer sports there is.
Sorry if I took your comments out of context.

Not at all. I’m somewhat using your comment thinking they might not be. Perhaps I took it out of context.
I watch a lot of Big 10 volleyball and I’m a season ticket holder to NU volleyball. I really can’t say that there has been much, if any, improvement of the actual team. I do know that RU has taken steps to get more fans involved and have moved some games to the RAC, but it took some stuff from other Big 10 schools for them to make some moves. With the transfer portal and the right coaches in place it’s very easy to make quick gains. NIL has some influence in VB but not like other sports. There’s only about 8 schools that have girls receiving substantial NIL money. VB is one of the biggest transfer sports there is.
Sorry if I took your comments out of context.
The main reason they moved matches to the RAC is because they cannot televise matches from the barn so any match that is ong Big TV has to be at the RAC

ADVERTISEMENT