ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Indiana / Game Thread

Covered the spread, and shut out IU in the 2nd half ... IU needed a 4th down to get a TD ... better than expected, though IU won the stats battle ... made me believe we would get that final stop which is something ... might be able to beat Illinois.

IU coach said they were going for it regardless and that leaving 2 scores off the board made it closer. They ran more in 2nd and wanted to get the run game some more work. We are work now,, unreal.

The offsides is something a lot of kids would have done, it was a nice move by the WR with 2 seconds left. I'm not going to put that on Ash.

We did have a ton of penalties, execution was not great, playcalling was mixed, kids played hard

Make no mistake about it however, IU is not good on the D line so let's temper the score somewhat

opening drive benefited from 2 crucial IU penalties and we capitalize. That gave the team fire but damn, this is a bad team when you can't beat a team with no qb pressure

Better performance from RU than I expected today.

But being home dogs to IU by 17 in year 3 of Ash regime? Somehow I thought that we were aiming higher than this.

Reactions: JQRU91
Could’ve won this game. We had a pick in the end zone using almost the same exact play, penalties killed our drives and kept Indiana’s going, we inneffectively used time outs, and we gave our best playmaker 8 carries when he deserves at least 15.

Year 3.

1-4.

Lose to Indiana at home by 7.

And some people on this board are happy?

Ash and Hobbs have done a marvelous job setting the bar so low. Can’t wait to hear Ash update his thoughts about bowl eligibility at the post game presser.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Year 3.

1-4.

Ash and Hobbs have done a marvelous job setting the bar so low. Can’t wait to hear Ash update his thoughts about bowl eligibility at the post game presser.

Yeah, something about how losing to Indiana by only a TD means players have bought into Ash's 'system'

..... But they are supposed to play hard.....

Not if they quit... and not if CA had lost the locker room......... which were really the 2 biggest questions I've had the last two weeks.....

so, yeah.... I think it was kind of a big deal...... No moral victories.... but, the "fire ash yesterday" crowd must be very depressed today.....

Not if they quit... and not if CA had lost the locker room......... which were really the 2 biggest questions I've had the last two weeks.....

so, yeah.... I think it was kind of a big deal...... No moral victories.... but, the "fire ash yesterday" crowd must be very depressed today.....

Depressed? You’re acting like we won the game. We lost . The only thing that matters are the results .
1-4 (0-1)

We finally showed some signs of life. That said, QB still throws into coverage to his primary receiver, defense can't cover and misses too many tackles, Ash still burns timeouts early in the half, and we have too many penalties.

Why is Art’s footwork always going backwards?!
Backwards and sometime it looks flat footed. Hard to tell with all the pass rush bodies around him, but not always moving forward. More obvious on longer passes to the sidelines. Practice, practice, practice and a QB coach watching.

Backwards and sometime it looks flat footed. Hard to tell with all the pass rush bodies around him, but not always moving forward. More obvious on longer passes to the sidelines. Practice, practice, practice and a QB coach watching.

Seems like he ALWAYS takes a long dropback too.

Could’ve won this game. We had a pick in the end zone using almost the same exact play, penalties killed our drives and kept Indiana’s going, we inneffectively used time outs, and we gave our best playmaker 8 carries when he deserves at least 15.
And We missed a wide open receiver (by 5 yards) for a sure score. We could have won this game.

Year 3.

1-4.

7 was lucky, people are forgetting the 2 scores IU got taken off and they changed their tempo and strategy in the 2nd. Their coach said as much after the game focusing more on the clock and running ala the $hit GS used to do thus keeping it closer than it should have been.

Reactions: MikeRU09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT