ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Monmouth

REDRICH65

All Conference
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2010
If they had played tomorrow what do you think the score would have been ? Who would have QBed? My guess: Sitkowski and 35-14 Schiano men

According to the recent poll, Monmouth is the best team in NJ. [roll][roll]

We would win by at least 35.

Monmouth lost all their top skill position players to graduation. Doubt they'd score 10.
depends.. Schiano will be training D to do what he says.. they won't be playing straight-up read react allowing their size, skill and speed dominate the opposition. That is.. unless GS has changed.

So.. if the Monmouth O prepared like it was the most important game of their lifetimes.. which is likely.. they would have 3 seconds or less plays.. not allowing a pass rush to get there in time.. and if they spent all summer practice training those plays.. they'd get at least one decent drive.

depends.. Schiano will be training D to do what he says.. they won't be playing straight-up read react allowing their size, skill and speed dominate the opposition. That is.. unless GS has changed.

So.. if the Monmouth O prepared like it was the most important game of their lifetimes.. which is likely.. they would have 3 seconds or less plays.. not allowing a pass rush to get there in time.. and if they spent all summer practice training those plays.. they'd get at least one decent drive.

maybe but they lost a lot from a team that wasn't an offensive powerhouse against better FCS teams to begin with.

Rutgers big

-BNsZD.gif

42-14
Rutgers grinds it out. These games should never be close and even if they are the better team wears them down. I think it was 2009 and some lower level team gave us a very competitive first half . But we wore them down and the score looked bad .’

I don’t think Monmouth would have scored to be honest. We’d run the ball and run the ball some more. QB would be the kid from Baylor.
41-0 Rutgers

Considering the transfer talent I'm really optimistic about our D. If healthy I think our D is mid-tier B1G at worst, probably better, so I don't see Monmouth scoring any more than 7-10 pts against the 1st team D. Our offense is the question mark but should be big and fast enough against Monmouth. Schiano would be playing the back-ups by the 4th qtr so we may give up some late points. We lead 35-9 going into the 4th, Final: RU 38-Monmouth 16.

After further review, I'm adding on a kick return TD for Aron Cruickshank: 45-16.

Last edited:
FWIW, I just took a ride in and around the stadium and there’s nobody tailgating.

With today’s game officially cancelled, does anyone know when the last time was that a Rutgers football game was cancelled entirely? @Source ??

With today’s game officially cancelled, does anyone know when the last time was that a Rutgers football game was cancelled entirely? @Source ??

California vs. Rutgers on September 15, 2001 was re-scheduled to November 23, 2001 (Golden Bears won 20-10).

In early 1984, ABC "bought out" the scheduled Miami-Rutgers game for $80,000 so they could match up the Golden Eagles with Miami by switching their September 29 game to November 23, 1984 that ended with Doug Flutie's "Hail Mary" pass to beat Miami at the Orange Bowl.

Before that, you would have to go back to the era when NCAA teams were transitioning from 9-game schedules to, eventually, 11-game schedules. Rutgers unexpectedly found itself with an open November 15, 1969 date - one under the 10 game schedule sanctioned by the NCAA the year before. Holy Cross had most of its team contract Hepatitis A from contaminated faucet water. The symptoms didn’t show up until the Crusaders had played their first two games before they canceled their season. Rutgers received an offer from Buffalo to play on the open date and a December 6th offer at Tampa. The team eventually took a vote and it was decided not to play a tenth game.

Is your answer somewhere in there?

Last edited:
California vs. Rutgers on September 15, 2001 was re-scheduled to November 23, 2001 (Golden Bears won 20-10).

In early 1984, ABC "bought out" the scheduled Miami-Rutgers game for $80,000 so they could match up the Golden Eagles with Miami by switching their September 29 game to November 23, 1984 that ended with Doug Flutie's "Hail Mary" pass to beat Miami at the Orange Bowl.

Before that, you would have to go back to the era when NCAA teams were transitioning from 9-game schedules to, eventually, 11-game schedules. Rutgers unexpectedly found itself with an open November 15, 1969 date - one under the 10 game schedule sanctioned by the NCAA the year before. Holy Cross had most of its team contract Hepatitis A from contaminated faucet water. The symptoms didn’t show up until the Crusaders had played their first two games before they canceled their season. Rutgers received an offer from Buffalo to play on the open date and a December 6th offer at Tampa. The team eventually took a vote and it was decided not to play a tenth game.

Great stuff as always Source!

Reactions: Knight Shift

I carry that 2001 ticket stub around in my wallet as a reminder that nothing is 100 per cent positive:On Sept.10,I was lamenting the fact that I would not be able to attend the game the next Saturday due to my upcoming gall bladder surgery- after I had gone to Cal in 1999 to see the game there.The horrors of the next day changed that.

ADVERTISEMENT