ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Northwestern Wrestling Results and Update Thread

So I'm wondering if RU wrestling team flew straight from Madison , Wi to Evanston , Ill (fri night match/sunday match) or came home in between OR , god forbid, they took a bus from Madison to Evanston ! lol

And, still wondering if Ethan Orr had a chance to wrestle off with Visicaro for the right to replace Gravina in the lineup.

Not that far of a drive between Madison and Evanston. About two hours?

I was a little down on DelVecchio after his 17-3 loss to Wisconsin's Taylor Friday night, but after watching Taylor tech #6 Richards from Illinois maybe I was wrong. Taylor just goes all out from start to finish. Very impressive. McCall lost to another unranked wrester and Brooks Black he is having a tough year.

Del Vecchio, like others, feed off the home fans enthusiasm and wrestles better at home than on the road. That said , Del Vec is a true top 20 wrestler, bordering on top10. RU desperately needs him to beat his lower ranked opponent tonight !

1. RU's crowds much better than Northwesterns

2. Did Coach G make a big mistake letting Vis wrestle at 165 instead of Orr, did they even wrestle off? This question seems to being ignored. PS Orr quit the team.

PS AP won by forfeit RU up 6-0 w Visi losing
This post was edited on 2/8 6:14 PM by Abro1975

nevermind saw twitter feed
This post was edited on 2/8 6:18 PM by jerzey devil

Hrymack beats a top 10 guy on Friday and by Sunday he's putting himself on his back for no good reason. Head scratcher.

We are still in good shape getting six at 157 and Vis only giving up a decision. We should be fine, our strong weights are coming up.

Originally posted by RUpop:

Originally posted by obrats:

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Hrymack gets pinned !! ugh, RU up 15-9. Thanks Camp.
Thats on Hrymack not Camp.
Agreed
We are past the point for blaming Camp at this point. It's not like he was wrestling well this year. In fact, the way he's been wrestling, I bet Camp loses Friday where Hrymack pulls off the upset.

Whatever Camp's issues are, I wish him the best. He needs decide what he wants out of his second chance, but until then it's Hrymack's show.

Smith loses..

McCabe again gets upset by a kid with a much worse record. RU -NW now tied at 15. Del Vec now up , lets see if we can win just one close matchup we should win.

Now Del Vec is now up ,but not aggressve... Coach G not inspiring the team much , is he?

This post was edited on 2/8 7:09 PM by Abro1975

Del Vec catches his desperate opponent in a bad shoot and gets a MD. RU up 19-15

Ash loooking very very cautious so far, other kid much more aggressive

Ash 0-0 against a kid he should Tech. RU's weakness is lack of scoring against overmatched opponents. On coach ?

Originally posted by belushijo:

Originally posted by Abro1975:
DelVech up 5-0 against a kid he should pin or Tech
Malone may not have a great record, but he's no slouch.
Your right Belusijo, kid was a National Quailifier last year.

Ash wins 4-2 agains a kid he should have won much easier , RU clinches. Theo vs Tsirtsis now, great matchup

Oster has kept it close w top kids in country.l. Lost to Dardanes, Adabin, and Rodriquez by 2. Tough match. It's the BIG10. Nothing is easy.

Theo loses a MD, but RU beats NW 22-19 with the benefit of 2 NW forfeits for 12 points. More tough decisions for Julie.

ADVERTISEMENT