ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Northwestern Wrestling Results and Update Thread

Belush
Agreed. Nuts, I am with that cabal working with Juli and Sarah to get us the resources we need to improve the program. They are 100% on board for the program.
Abro, don't sweat it. You are a good guy. AA had to watch out for Osterer's funk so he played it safe.

Originally posted by wngarbarini:
Belush
Agreed. Nuts, I am with that cabal working with Juli and Sarah to get us the resources we need to improve the program. They are 100% on board for the program.
Abro, don't sweat it. You are a good guy. AA had to watch out for Osterer's funk so he played it safe.
Oster isn't a slouch by any regards. He beat Zach Horan, lost close matches to Dardanes (6-4), Rodrigues, (8-6), Abinin (9-7).

I don't see how the logic fit with the 'major or better' category.

Abro,

A cursory look at Oster's record in 2014-2015 shows a win over #11 ranked Zach Horan earlier in the year. Horan was a four time PA AAA finalist, one time champ and the #17 recruit in the country a few years back. He is also tied for the most HS wins at wrestling powerhouse Nazareth. In addition he was 32-6 last year. And, as other posters have already mentioned Oster has wrestled many of the top 141 pounders in the country very tough. . Leave Ash, and for that matter, Oster alone.

Wng, how close is RU to getting fully funded out of state scholarships? I believe once that is fully funded recruiting will take a bump up also.

Thanks Bill, that has to be a big negative for RU when they go out of state. Glad to hear the movement on this issue is close to being resloved.

ADVERTISEMENT