ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State / Game Thread

maybe they were planning to get us to jump off... and they knew after a timeout it was unlikely to work

No mention at all by the announcers about sportsmanship or anything going for it on 4th.

Someone said it ......our coach doesn't know how to attack a superior opponent......defense takes on a passive demeanor .....thanks coach. For once in a game as a 33 pts. dog bring the house all game long...look like your trying.

Rooting against the B1G the rest of the day. First up go Colorado. Need a FG here

OK the Oline was getting manhandled today. He was being beat to crap all game long. If he truly is your future what are you gaining by having him become a tackling dummy? Then to top it off we're not running a two minute offense at the end of the half. Ash decided to start bleeding time. So with 8 secs to go you have him throw? Is that trying to win or a learning experience?
So is it the play call you don't like? Or the fact that he's playing the starting quarterback instead of hiding him on the bench so he doesn't get hurt? What other starters should he keep on the bench against the chance they could get hurt? Blackshear? He's a small guy. The secondary? We're pretty thin there. Tverdov, God forbid he gets hurt. Where does it stop? Just play the scout team? Forfeit?

I just don't understand how people can advocate for not playing starters for fear of them getting hurt.

Reactions: ATIOH
OSU has one heck of a good QB.
With no pass rush opposing quarterbacks are made to look good.A Ohio State versus Rutgers game is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage.Haskins will show his true talent against better competition and might be a Heisman candidate at the end of the season.

I know there's been a lot of doom and gloom here, especially about the offense. I thought Rutgers defense was significantly better than Oregon State, especially when you factor in the injuries to the secondary. The rush defense was strong, but having to cover for the injuries in the secondary and the fact that rutgers wasn't moving the ball, I think they just wore out. Still held Ohio State to more than 100 yards and 2 yards per carry less than Oregon State.

I hope you guys get some good news about Sitkowski today. Good luck against Kansas!

I was wondering when someone was going to mention the fact that we were missing 3 contributing DBs, including Austin who I consider our best defensive player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT