ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Ohio State Wrestling Results and Update Thread

The only adjustment Hrymack could have made to make this match somewhat less lopsided is if he was allowed to use some sort of a weapon during the match. lol

Completely different level of wrestler.

Don't forget, Hrymack is more suited to 184.

Nice to win 5 matches & get 2 upsets but we have no upper weights. They seem much harder to recruit, like DT in FB. I hate The Barn & hope to never wrestle another B1G or other big match like Lehigh there ever again, unless it's refurbished with lower level seating. Awful venue.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

great atmosphere and wrestling today.

congrats to the whole team for going 5 and 5.
lower weights were fantastic, kept hustling and were aggressive

upper weights seemed less aggressive

bojo is incredible, can't wait to see him and Deringer, vis fought hard but its must be like fighting a cyborg.
Phil needs to shoot, didn't once in 7 minutes. he has the setups, positioning and conditioning, but seems to lack the confidence to do it. anyone know if he shoots during live wrestling in the room?
hymrick needs to learn how to ankle pick, he can be 5 ft from his opponent and touch their laces! Snyder is a world class wrestler so nothing to be ashamed of.
Smith, almost the same as Phil. still not shooting. He looks like he should dominate these matches if he developed his offense.

Coach G:

"Obviously you want to win big and lose small, that always helps in a dual-meet situation,'' Goodale said. "I've never seen a college dual where I think there's four techs. That's a lot, and that can't happen at this level. If you're going to compete, it can't happen at this level. Our mindset was to win the toss-up bouts.
"But where they had their horses, we just couldn't match their horses. They're really, really good for a reason. That's somewhere we're going to have to get better at, and get those type of caliber kids.''

Full Story :

LINK

Originally posted by ScottRU93:
I feel like Smith was more offensive as a RS Fresh then he is now.
Too bad Back didn't win, because Smith would have come on the mat needing a pin. Then we would have seen some offense. Great day, a lot of fun. The OSU coach didn't seem to enjoy his visit to New Jersey. $$$$

Originally posted by dollarbill:

Too bad Back didn't win, because Smith would have come on the mat needing a pin. Then we would have seen some offense. Great day, a lot of fun. The OSU coach didn't seem to enjoy his visit to New Jersey. $$$$
DollarBill---If Phil won Smith would not have needed a pin, his decision would have won the dual. It was 23-14 going into HWT--take away Martins 3 and add 3 to RU for a win at 174, Final score 20-20, RU wins tie breaker 6 matches to 4

Originally posted by ScarletGrapfan:

DollarBill---If Phil won Smith would not have needed a pin, his decision would have won the dual. It was 23-14 going into HWT--take away Martins 3 and add 3 to RU for a win at 174, Final score 20-20, RU wins tie breaker 6 matches to 4

Maybe. I would think Courts and Snyder would have wrestled a different style (going mainly for the pin) knowing what you just pointed out about the scoring. Isn't this a fascinating sport? $$$$

This post was edited on 2/1 7:34 PM by dollarbill

Originally posted by ScarletGrapfan:

Maybe. I would think Courts and Snyder would have wrestled a different style (going mainly for the pin) knowing what you just pointed out about the scoring. Isn't this a fascinating sport? $$$$

This post was edited on 2/1 7:34 PM by dollarbill
One could also say that had Courts and Snyder gone for the pin and one of them actually got it then that would have influenced Big Billy to wrestle for a major or pin as well. Instead, Billy wrestled a smart and controlled match. Fascinating sport indeed.

Point is our upper weights need to step it up and It feels like Bak is regressing a little. He should have won the match against the Navy kid and the gap between and OSU's 174er and Bak has widened since they last met.

This post was edited on 2/1 8:26 PM by KidDagger

600 minutes of practice a week? He seemed to really be getting on the ref at the match sunday but very impressive and thoughtful interview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT