ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Texas State / Game Thread

This is game 1 with a lot of youth playing and a new OC...don't panic. MSU was fairly bad for #11 last night...

It's winning games that we can or should win that I am looking at for now...

Reactions: TonyVolt
I’m just shocked how bad the open field tackling is. It was far better last year.

Bad INT after a great driver and almost TD and then really bad D on the TS drive to let them go from their 20 to our 40 in 20 friggin' seconds. Let's hope we can keep them out of the endzone. Morris has to catch that INT.

Give him time it's his first collegiate game. Growing pains. MSU qb had a pick last night

Overall pleased at 21-0 ... not upset with the INT ... more upset with the penalty ... some nice throws and great learning experience for Art!

Reactions: ruronny and Peteyd
Art looks like Peyton Manning. not his play just physically for some reason that's who he looks like as I'm watching :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: RuSnp
The last drive of the half by Rutgers shows you the potential of Art and the young receivers. I can live with the INT for now as they grow together as a group. You gotta love what we saw in with the play calling allowing for the forward pass to re-enter Rutgers playbook. [cheers]

Austin is walking around on the sideline without a limp but he does seem to be in a little bit of discomfort. Hopefully they’re keeping him out as a precaution.

We need him next week against OSU.
Let’s wait for the post game Press Conference.

happy to happy to admit that I may have been wrong about starting the Freshman, he looks very good yet we know he'll make some mistakes going forward but still, his arm looks good his poised looks good and I like seeing him develop

were doing what we should be doing. We'll see how we match up against better teams. its 21 zip so not much to complain about but we've had some plays where if against better competition they would get really blown up.

ADVERTISEMENT