ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Wisconsin Wrestling Results and Update Thread

Tonights match starting at the 197 weight class. Hrymack vs # 10 McCall.

Will start at 8pm EST (which is 7pm in Madison
cool.gif
)

Hrymack is taken down early but responds with one of his own and nearly gets backs. He has a 3-2 lead entering the second #RUWR

Heavys up RU's Smith vs Medberry

Medbery gets the TD with 20 seconds to go in the first. He leads Smith, 2-0, entering the second. Smith starts down #RUWR

We have a blood stoppage with 0:17 left in the second. Smith trails Medbery, 2-1 #RUWR

Medbery escapes and Smith is hit with a stall. It's a 4-1 deficit with 1:33 remaining #RUWR

i hate to say it bu smith quit. not one shot in third period. perhaps he didnt know he was losing by 3 points? i dont get it.

Jiminez wrestling for Wis, uh oh , against McCabe

50s50 seconds ago

McCabe nearly gets two, Jimenez whizzes him away to close the second. McCabe starts on top in the third leading 1-0 #RUWR

133: No. 18/16/NR Scott DelVecchio (#RUWR) goes for his second consecutive top-10 win vs. No. 9/7/7 Ryan Taylor (UW).

Big friggen match !

133: No. 9/7/7 Ryan Taylor (UW) takes a 17-3 major decision over No. 18/16/NR Scott DelVecchio (#RUWR). No. 18 UW leads, 7-6.

Need Ash to get some bonus points now!

refs refuse to call wisconsin stalling...love that Ashnault was called leading 5-1 with riding

At the break
197: Hrymack - obviously unreal. his best win ever
285: Smith - i dont get why he is content with close losses. Campo should gain all 225 back and more and challenge here next year.
125: McCabe - want pretty but did the job and rode him out
133: DelVecchio - tried early, but quit. Just can give up the tech. Thankfully time ran out. No offensive point.
141: Ashnault - wins by major. fought tile last seconds to get it.

RU up 10-7

RU now has a decent chance of winning. Need Perotti to win, and win big, need Bakuckas to beat his guy, which he is higher ranked, Need Visicaro to stay off his back as well as Pafumi.

Originally posted by josh1728:
At the break
197: Hrymack - obviously unreal. his best win ever
285: Smith - i dont get why he is content with close losses. Campo should gain all 225 back and more and challenge here next year.
125: McCabe - want pretty but did the job and rode him out
133: DelVecchio - tried early, but quit. Just can give up the tech. Thankfully time ran out. No offensive point.
141: Ashnault - wins by major. fought tile last seconds to get it.

RU up 10-7
Wow! That's a bold statement Josh. As for Campo, if he wrestles tonight in place of Hrymack, does he win?

Next up :

149 pounds[/B]: No. 17/16/17/20 Ken Theobold (20-4) vs. Rylan Lubeck (9-8)

Theobold rides tough after a takedown and leads 2-0 with a 1:45 advantage. Theobold starts the second down #RUWR

An escape and locked hands call against Lubeck gives Theobold a 4-0 lead entering the third. Theobold starts on top #RUWR

WOOOO HOOOO

5m5 minutes ago

BIG MAJOR at 149! No. 17/16/17 Theobold (#RUWR) gets a three-point NF to close it and win 8-0. He has won EIGHT in a row. RU leads, 14-7.

Perrotti appeared to have Donor pinned in a cradle, but they wrestle through it. He leads, 7-0, after the first #RUWR

20s20 seconds ago

157: No. 16/16/14 Anthony Perrotti (#RUWR) looked like he had Donor pinned twice, but wins by a 12-4 major. RU leads UW, 18-7.

C'mon Visi, stay off your back !

If Visicaro doesn't get pinned I think RU wins. RU wins a tie breaker on criteria, pretty sure

ADVERTISEMENT