ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will accept a bid to the NIT

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers to accept NIT bid after NCAA Tournament snub
https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...ccept-nit-bid-after-ncaa-tournament-snub.html

Rutgers has no one to blame for its absence but itself.

The Scarlet Knights lost seven of their final nine games of the season, a slump that started directly after starting forward Mawot Mag suffered a season-ending knee injury. That skid includes Q3 losses against Nebraska and at Minnesota, as well as three consecutive double-digit home losses to the Cornhuskers, Michigan and Northwestern. It marked the first three-game home losing streak in Big Ten play for Rutgers since 2019; the Scarlet Knights were 22-4 in their previous 26 Big Ten home games with fans in the stands

I’m not an anti-NJ.com conspiracy theorist, generally think the guys are pretty fair but Fonseca seems to be particularly anti-Rutgers for some reason. Guy comes across as an ass in his written stuff and their podcast.

I will treat this with the same level of enthusiasm I have for our games against Rider and Sacred Heart. All in all, when they write the book on this season ... we overperformed our talent, could have been much better with slight changes (like the previous three years), and got screwed in the end for not being a blue blood. On to next year and a more talented team.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...ccept-nit-bid-after-ncaa-tournament-snub.html

The Scarlet Knights lost seven of their final nine games of the season, a slump that started directly after starting forward Mawot Mag suffered a season-ending knee injury. That skid includes Q3 losses against Nebraska and at Minnesota, as well as three consecutive double-digit home losses to the Cornhuskers, Michigan and Northwestern. It marked the first three-game home losing streak in Big Ten play for Rutgers since 2019; the Scarlet Knights were 22-4 in their previous 26 Big Ten home games with fans in the stands
I don't understand the "nobody to blame but themselves" rubbish. We lost a key guy to a freak injury. Took several games to figure out a new starting lineup/rotation etc, and once that was sorted our we beat Mich by double figures and our last game looked every bit as good as the conference champ a #1 seed.

I will treat this with the same level of enthusiasm I have for our games against Rider and Sacred Heart. All in all, when they write the book on this season ... we overperformed our talent, could have been much better with slight changes (like the previous three years), and got screwed in the end for not being a blue blood. On to next year and a more talented team.
Sure you will...if we are playing ok state or UNC, Seton Hall etc...we will all be into it...those are good games and will be fun to watch..

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers56
Can’t stand him or the other new guy on NJ.com / the Rant. I feel bad for Politi. A lot of you give him crap but he had a great show and guys like Sarge really did for the most part root for us and support us. Fonseca is awful in comparison.
Personally I think Lanni is the best of the 3

I don't agree.

we didnt lose 7 of 9 its 7 of 10...our the beatwriters that sloppy

Reactions: Rutgers56
Team and Pike should shut it down for the season. You get nothing from playing meaningless games against other non-descript opponents. There's literally no upside at this point.

A)We've already figured out Simpson can play.

B) Are we going to play Woolfolk 25 minutes a game??

Outside of those two items, I don't see any value whatsoever. Get another player hurt and you'll have more problems going into next year.

Team and Pike should shut it down for the season. You get nothing from playing meaningless games against other non-descript opponents. There's literally no upside at this point.

A)We've already figured out Simpson can play.

B) Are we going to play Woolfolk 25 minutes a game??

Outside of those two items, I don't see any value whatsoever. Get another player hurt and you'll have more problems going into next year.
No we’re going to let Caleb break the record for steals.

I cancelled my nj.com subscription last week. Don't miss it.

Njglobe.com is free and better on NJ politics. The Knight Report is better Rutgers sports coverage at a reasonable price. TKR comments make it a lot of fun. I can get the pro sports from the NY Post, a great sports newspaper, for free. I do like Politi but can live without him.

When I cancelled, I wrote the reasons were nj.com never figured out a way to bring back comments and nj.com eliminated the Washington correspondent position while keeping the people who write articles such as, "NJ's 25 best meatballs, ranked."

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT