ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Soccer 2022 Season Primer

Well the USA U20 team lost yesterday so maybe Emily Mason will be in Albaquerque tonight for the first game she I would think will definitely be there for game 2; So RU Dad you don't have to worry

Well the USA U20 team lost yesterday so maybe Emily Mason will be in Albaquerque tonight for the first game she I would think will definitely be there for game 2; So RU Dad you don't have to worry
Watched some of that game dentist,& figured on the result. Should only help us when she gets back, which will be sooner than expected.
Incidentally, heard from a reliable source that there will be no OT in regular season games. Have you heard the same?

Watched some of that game dentist,& figured on the result. Should only help us when she gets back, which will be sooner than expected.
Incidentally, heard from a reliable source that there will be no OT in regular season games. Have you heard the same?
That's correct OT was eliminated from regular season.

Don't think I like it. Do you?
I'm fine with it. Saves the legs for our team as the year goes on and might make last 10 mins of regular time more exciting. If they kept it the old way I'd be fine with that as well. I don't have a strong opinion on this one.

The story did not say what would happen if game still tied after both 10 minute periods in OT for post season play. I'm guessing golden goal but not sure.

I'm fine with it. Saves the legs for our team as the year goes on and might make last 10 mins of regular time more exciting. If they kept it the old way I'd be fine with that as well. I don't have a strong opinion on this one.

The story did not say what would happen if game still tied after both 10 minute periods in OT for post season play. I'm guessing golden goal but not sure.
It looks like penalty shootout still. Only change for post season is no sudden-death, but rather if one team scores the other still has the rest of the OT clock to tie it up again or win. Basically FIFA World Cup knockout rules, I’m fine with that.

don’t like the regular season OT removal, we won a lot of games in OT with golden goal Ali … though maybe the extra rest will help us (a good team) in the long run

Reactions: Zak57
It looks like penalty shootout still. Only change for post season is no sudden-death, but rather if one team scores the other still has the rest of the OT clock to tie it up again or win. Basically FIFA World Cup knockout rules, I’m fine with that.

don’t like the regular season OT removal, we won a lot of games in OT with golden goal Ali … though maybe the extra rest will help us (a good team) in the long run
So lets just win them all in regular time!!

In postseason is that the Big 1o tournament or the NCAA tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT