ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women’s Soccer Kicks Off Big Ten Action with Nebraska, Iowa

Pretty much dominated Neby for most of the game. Long stretches with possession & pressure. Large margin in shots & corners. Neby goal was on a penalty kick after an unnecessary penalty. Once again, didn't finish well. Neka Moneme rang a bullet off the post, Jenna Sayers sent a low shot just wide of the corner, & Nicole Whitley grazed the crossbar with a shot. Neby's goalie played well. Made a few good saves. We've still got a couple of forwards out & Brittany was not 100% with a shoulder, but she played about 30 min. Mike is really juggling the positions for many of the girls. Lots of different combos. One positive from my perspective is that we came out hard & fast & really took it to Neby. Need to keep this up. Go RU!

Last edited:
Won it with 12 secs to go. Just kept fighting & pressing until the end. Good win for the Ladies. We needed it.
That’s the kind of win that can jumpstart a team and separates the champions from the losers. AWESOME WIN!!!!!

Very disappointed with B1G Network ... was #5 in weekly plays of the week for WSOCCER ... was definitely Top 2, and with the timing of it, maybe #1 ... though the top goal was pretty good.

Very disappointed with B1G Network ... was #5 in weekly plays of the week for WSOCCER ... was definitely Top 2, and with the timing of it, maybe #1 ... though the top goal was pretty good.
We don't get the respect or the calls on the field that the Old Boys Big teams do.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Disapppointed again ... the OT winning goal vs UMD was #14 ... and a UMD goal against us was #8 ... excuse me, who is in 2nd place? ... wasn’t Ali and her OT goal significant ... no other play in top 16 (posted on B1G Network on 9/25) ... no respect!

Disapppointed again ... the OT winning goal vs UMD was #14 ... and a UMD goal against us was #8 ... excuse me, who is in 2nd place? ... wasn’t Ali and her OT goal significant ... no other play in top 16 (posted on B1G Network on 9/25) ... no respect!
And on it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT