ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Golf Wraps Up Fall Season in Mexico with Battle at the Beach

16th out of 17. Horrible start for the team. Can't help but think part of this is due to only having 5 members on the team, there's no one to substitute if 1 player is slumping.

Rutgers followed up the 2nd worst round yesterday with the worst round of 17 teams today. They find themselves in last place by 6 strokes with a team score of +37. Leigha Devine leads RU with a 2 day total of +4, followed by Rikki Nordvik and Nicole Ewing at +9.

Played that course. I don’t remember it being a terribly difficult course. Wide open with huge fairways no real rough. A couple holes leading into the sea of Cortez could be difficult if wind is up but there is no excuse for any of these girls to be shooting in the 80’s.

The team is just not good. Hobbs really needs to upgrade the HC after the season.
How you can have only 5 members of a team that requires a minimum of 5 is beyond me. This isn't a knock on the players but is on the staff that they allowed it to happen.

Northeastern team roster #'s

SHU - 7
BC - 8
Delaware - 9
Princeton - 7
PSU - 11
Penn - 8

Reactions: bigmatt718
Played that course. I don’t remember it being a terribly difficult course. Wide open with huge fairways no real rough. A couple holes leading into the sea of Cortez could be difficult if wind is up but there is no excuse for any of these girls to be shooting in the 80’s.
RU is AVERAGING 5.7 on the Par 5's, a half stroke more than the next closest team.

Rutgers +12 today cemented last place by 8 strokes and 55 strokes behind winner, #17 LSU.

Leigha Devine 3rd 73 put her +6 for the 3 days and finished 40th.

No other Scarlet Knight finished higher than 67th out of 88 players who played all 3 rounds.

To be fair, the field was one of the strongest RU will likely face this or any year with the likes of LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas, and Baylor.

ADVERTISEMENT