ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer At Michigan on BTN Now (7:30 EST)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Two very good teams with great goalies. Raining like crazy. GO RU!!!!

Last edited:
Is the women's goalie back from national team duty or did that never happen?

Yet shockingly they both give 1 up in the 1st half. That's ONLY the 3rd non-PK goal RU has given up on the season (no, it's not Casey Murphy!)!!!!
Dude, I was totally counting on you to be in this thread and you DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Big fan, you are. ;-)

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Dude, I was totally counting on you to be in this thread and you DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Big fan, you are. ;-)

Totally forgot the game was on. Just got back from fighting a parking ticket, put my TV on, and it was there because I had the BTN on earlier lol!

I love it when that happens.

I got home as the half was ending. Court started at 5:00. Judge showed up at 5:24. I was the next-to-last person called then spent 15-minutes in line waiting to pay my reduced fine. There were 5 people in front of me. Got out of there 7:45. Unreal.

Anyway back to the game!

Our best hope for a national championship in the next 3-5 years with this program. I think it'll happen.

Yes great goal!!!!

They've been knocking on the door for the last 10 minutes and get the lead.

This team MIGHT be better than last year's team by tourney time. They appear to be much better at moving the ball and finding the open lanes/passes/shots.

ouch that was a tough one to take....should have been cleared but girl slipped on the wet surface...2-2

Tiernan needs to give the ball up sometimes instead of taking shots from outside the 18.

I should have known there would be a thread on the FB board instead of the other sports board. I like that we keep pressing rather than playing conservatively to ensure the tie. I think we are the better side but not sure that will show in the final score.

I should have known there would be a thread on the FB board instead of the other sports board. I like that we keep pressing rather than playing conservatively to ensure the tie. I think we are the better side but not sure that will show in the final score.

We've completely dominated play. Had some chances we just missed on and maybe took some shots we didn't need to instead of making the extra pass. I'm getting nervous now, too, and will be very happy with a "T" here and a "W" Sunday at MSU.

ugh...I hate games like that....complete domination but go to OT on a goal that never should have happened and bamm...feel bad for the girls tonight. Get the "W" on Sunday ladies.

and we lose 3-2. Nice set by Michigan to win the game. The girl who got the goal was too wide open which should not happen since already scored two.

and we lose 3-2. Nice set by Michigan to win the game. The girl who got the goal was too wide open which should not happen since already scored two.

I get what you're saying but you've got to give her credit. Bottom line is we were pressing, the entire OT, and they got #'s and she settled right in there and received a perfect ball from maybe 30 out?

crazy stat of the game:

The #11 (Jimenez) and #14 (Jackson) goalies nationally, having given up 4(2 to PK's) and 3 goals the entire season coming into tonight, give up 5 goals ombined. Weather definitely a factor I'd say.

ADVERTISEMENT