ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer opened the 2021 NCAA Tournament Sunday 1pm, hosting Bucknell at Yurcak Field!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was interesting to see Mason play center back to start each half. She played well in the role but, to be completely honest, she wasn't really challenged. She also seemed to come alive when she went to her more natural RB so I'm not sure how long the CB experiment will last.
She is an upgrade over the player she replaced. I think we will see a copy of today for the remainder of the tournament.

Why did you delete our argument about whether the game should have been postponed? There was no namecalling and there were legitimate points made by several posters who had different perspectives on this. Is the moderation now going to be aimed at stamping out even civil disagreements? Please explain.
When we drove in today the lines of porta potties where all tipped over. I was told the wind blew them over prior to the game so that might have been the reason for the postponement. Guessing they felt it wasn't safe.

When we drove in today the lines of porta potties where all tipped over. I was told the wind blew them over prior to the game so that might have been the reason for the postponement. Guessing they felt it wasn't safe.

Hate to be inside one when it tipped over!

She is an upgrade over the player she replaced. I think we will see a copy of today for the remainder of the tournament.
Hope so, not so much because of Mason, but because Emma Misal is playing really well lately. Such a solid, smart player, and when she presses forward, her crosses are superb.

How did Gabby play against Bucknell? Is she 100% for St. Louis?
Well, but didn't seem 100% to me. Don't know about Friday. The NCAA lists Fridays game time as 2pm. Our website has it listed as 5pm. Anyone know anything on this?

Hey Dad any idea on what the television situation is for Friday as of course I have a previous engagement as they say
The RU website doesn't speak to it dentist. I would guess that it would be at least on Big Ten+. FYI the NCAA web & ours are in sync on a 5pm start.

Last edited:

For any analytics nerds like me who love looking at expected goals, pass accuracy and ball possession. And knowing who the five best players are.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766

For any analytics nerds like me who love looking at expected goals, pass accuracy and ball possession. And knowing who the five best players are.
Confirms my belief that Emma Misal has been playing really well lately, including in this game. Mike probably waited a few games too long to start Emma over Banks (which is what actually occurred here even though Misal played LOB, Mike just moved Mason inside to Banks' vacated CB spot).

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Confirms my belief that Emma Misal has been playing really well lately, including in this game. Mike probably waited a few games too long to start Emma over Banks (which is what actually occurred here even though Misal played LOB, Mike just moved Mason inside to Banks' vacated CB spot).
It's funny how these stat reports more or less line up with the eye test. If you had asked me about the best on the field after the game, I would've said Mason and Misal. And both are listed here. The surprising/not-so-surprising thing about these reports is how Frankie ends up in the top five in each of our wins (barring Penn State), even when she doesn't register any points. I'm not sure that my eyes alone would've picked up on her being so consistently great on the field.

It's funny how these stat reports more or less line up with the eye test. If you had asked me about the best on the field after the game, I would've said Mason and Misal. And both are listed here. The surprising/not-so-surprising thing about these reports is how Frankie ends up in the top five in each of our wins (barring Penn State), even when she doesn't register any points. I'm not sure that my eyes alone would've picked up on her being so consistently great on the field.

Frankie is really great at moving without the ball to get in space for shots. There's a reason she leads the team in scoring (besides Ali getting double teamed).

Frankie is really great at moving without the ball to get in space for shots. There's a reason she leads the team in scoring (besides Ali getting double teamed).
Isn't that the truth. Said that early in the year. She has great field awareness & instincts. She sees the play so well & as you said moves so well without the ball into space. Reminds me of Carli Lloyd in these regards.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Isn't that the truth. Said that early in the year. She has great field awareness & instincts. She sees the play so well & as you said moves so well without the ball into space. Reminds me of Carli Lloyd in these regards.

It's a perfect fit for the team's offensive strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT